Wher do i download the lastest vix images

Think my box needs updating and was goin to update to the latest vix images wher do i get these download from im goin to try nd have a go

You should be able to do it through the box itself, or go to WOS, they are the official place for VIX

always get from source as there not patched images,make sure that you save your line data as reflashing starting from scratch.

HTML:
http://www.openvix.co.uk/

How do you do it through the box i thought if have to do it through laptop and usb ?

---------- Post Merged at 10:16 PM ----------

Might even be worth me sending it to someone for a small fee save me ruining it haha

it might depend on whats on box already,i always used downloaded file extracted to a GOOD formatted usb of 8gb,cruzer,kingston,cruzer.

MENU/SETUP/SOFTWARE SETUP - it will either let you do it or it won't, some of the older ones have to be updated manually up to a certain build, then can be updated from then on.
Go to the web page above that cactikid posted if you cannot do it from the box.

It it does lwt me do software updates on box atm but thought i needed to update the actuall image so the shop told me anyway uswd to pay £35 every 2 months for update so on that open vix website do i just download the newest one out and download it to flash drive then obv follow instructions of of this forum ?

Sounds like the shop has been ripping you off mate. The image is the VIX software, never any charge for it. do it either way, either from the box, orget the VIX from the website.

Are you sure the shop wasn't charging you 35 every 2 months for a server?

No i was paying £180 a year for that lol so if i update software on the box thats doin the whole thing then ? Sorry for all the questions im a newbie lol

How do i find what image i am using ?

---------- Post Merged at 11:49 PM ----------

Iv got a vu+ duo with openvix if that helps just dno how to find what version i have

Back