Which box / device to buy?

Bigyinuk

Hi all.

Just dipping my toe in the IPTV water and need some advice on what to buy. Questions are:

1. Mag box eg 322 or Android box eg HK1?

2. Which provider? I see Amazon sell stuff supplied by Informir and that some seem to recommend them as a provider?

3. It was suggested to me that SatsNI is good but can't find much info about them as a provider.

Just want a box to plug into the TV via HDMI to watch occasionally. Not interested in Football or sport apart from MotoGP (BT Sports). Simpler the better as the Missus will want to use it.

My sat box is a Coolstream HD1 - Is there a plugin for that?

Sorry to ask newbie questions, I'm an old hand with Sat/CS but this IPTV stuff is new to me.

Regards

BigYin

Mags are easy to use and setup.

Android is similar but you can add other things such as streaming box sets and films, dodgy Netflix passes
catchup TV if your TV isn't smart.

You can load STB EMU for instance which gives you the exact same menus and functions as a MAG.

Go for a 3Gb RAM box or higher if you go the android route, with a USB keyboard.
I use a T95Z plus and it's fine.

I did mean to put in my post that Android is attractive as there is one app in particular that would be really useful to run "on the TV".

Do you have any advice re content provider?

Regards

Just wondering what the best box would be purely for iptv. My internet won’t be that great, speeds of up to 10mbps. Been looking at mags but any input would be appreciated.

Check your inbox

We can't give provider details out on an open forum

Going to load TeaTV on mine as a replacement for Terarrium.

Last edited:
Hi mate :)
Do you need a box just to watching TV and provider's content on demand or doing something other?
MAG boxes are easy to use, but don't give as much freedom in other content as Android.
If you search for box just to IPTV, choose MAG. There are some models of it, IMHO 256 may be great. There will be also a new model 424 and its Android combination, 424Aw3, with preinstalled emulator, showed soon.

Hi mate :)
Do you need a box just to watching TV and provider's content on demand or doing something other?
MAG boxes are easy to use, but don't give as much freedom in other content as Android.
If you search for box just to IPTV, choose MAG. There are some models of it, IMHO 256 may be great. There will be also a new model 424 and its Android combination, 424Aw3, with preinstalled emulator, showed soon.
Hello mate, thanks for the response. I just want iptv purely for the channels and sports, not worried about on demand or recording. Worried about my stream as can only get 10mbps internet.

I'm on a 4G with Vodafone as we live in the sticks. That has its own problems, ie bandwidth limits but is fast 30 down / 20 up mbps.

I'm not interested in footy only MotoGP :)

I'm being swayed towards a MXQ Pro which will come "fully loaded"

Thanks guys for the advice.

I'm on a 4G with Vodafone as we live in the sticks. That has its own problems, ie bandwidth limits but is fast 30 down / 20 up mbps.

I'm not interested in footy only MotoGP :)

I'm being swayed towards a MXQ Pro which will come "fully loaded"

Thanks guys for the advice.
Get yourself a sat dish and point it at 19e
24/7 motoGP on movistar :grin:

I have a Sly dish atm pointed at 28.2E. An offset LNB might be the answer. Thanks for that, I didn't realise MotoGP was on 19E.

I have a Sly dish atm pointed at 28.2E. An offset LNB might be the answer. Thanks for that, I didn't realise MotoGP was on 19E.
There are a few guys here have done that,
I actually put a 65cm up and get 13e as well,
A lot of good stuff on 19 , its my main viewing.

Initially my preference was for the Mag 322 but I am pretty sure now that I'm going to go for the MXQ Pro Android box as it will allow me to do other stuff. Plus, its being supplied by a dealer whom I've been buying sat stuff off for about 20+ years. I know I can trust him and he's always on hand to help/advise if something stops working. Still interesting to hear what other folks are using and why though.

Back