Which box for iptv?

ben_edwards

I know it's probably been asked a thousand times before. What box do people currently recommend for running iptv?
I'm currently using a vu duo with openvix. it was great for CS but Its not really quick enough for iptv and gets locked up.

Thanks for any help.

I know it's probably been asked a thousand times before. What box do people currently recommend for running iptv?
I'm currently using a vu duo with openvix. it was great for CS but Its not really quick enough for iptv and gets locked up.

Thanks for any help.

There is a lot of choice out there at the moment mags are a popular choice. I have just upgraded from a zgemma 2s for the sane reasons as yourself to a formuler z7+ works great for iptv, kodi etc it has SD and usb for storage upgrades and recording, but does need a bit of improvement on the firmware front if I'm been picky.

There is a lot of choice out there at the moment mags are a popular choice. I have just upgraded from a zgemma 2s for the sane reasons as yourself to a formuler z7+ works great for iptv, kodi etc it has SD and usb for storage upgrades and recording, but does need a bit of improvement on the firmware front if I'm been picky.

How do you mean it needs a bit of improving mate? Is it easy to use as the kids and misses will be using it mainly. Do you need to flash it with an image like vix or a wooshbuild etc?

All depends on what budget you have, plus do you want sat or cable connections, what else do you want to use the box for?

All depends on what budget you have, plus do you want sat or cable connections, what else do you want to use the box for?
I don’t mind paying for a decent box if it does the job and lasts. I only really want it for iptv. If there is a good one with sat connections that would be good but I only use the sat for free view anyway so it’s not essential

How do you mean it needs a bit of improving mate? Is it easy to use as the kids and misses will be using it mainly. Do you need to flash it with an image like vix or a wooshbuild etc?
just the firmware could do with been a bit more robust as regards to certain TV catch up apps. On the iptv front it works like a charm using the mytv built in app or Android apps. Kodi however does need the buttons remapping to suit the remote but that could just be me again.

Formuler z7+ is always well recommended or if you want the best get an Nvidia Shield. If it's just IPTV then get the formuler.

If you want a box purely for iptv the mag 322 takes some beating, the hard part is finding a good provider..get those two things in place you’ll not go back to satellite....that’s purely my own opinion.

is there a link to set iptv up on the nvidia , been using zgemma's for years and want to give the nvidia a try , cheers

All you need to do install whichever app you want to use. PerfectPlayer, Smart IPTV etc.....a lot of providers also have their own app, it's a case of trying them all and seeing which one you prefer.

Zgemma i55 is an iptv only box for around £50
Fast to use and fairly easy to setup
You can also get the sky style skin for it
I have setup a few i55s for people they are certainly a step up from the s2 and for the price can't grumble at all. Certainly a decent choice on a low budget.

Back