WHICH BOX PLEASE

mial

HI can anyone make up my mind for me want a combo box and want iptv looking at 3 boxes which one would you go for and which would give me the best iptv

Edision OS Nino+ Plus H.265 HEVC 1x DVB-C/T2 + 1x DVB-S/S2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Receiver HD 1080p PVR

Tiviar Alpha+ Plus Triple Tuner Combo Linux Engima 2 2x DVB-S/S2 + 1x DVB-C/T/T2 PVR Receiver

Mutant HD51 4K UHD H.265 HEVC DVB Twin Tuner Linux Enigma2 Multistream Digital Receiver - DVB-S/S2/S2X - DVB-C/T/T2

THANKS mial

Personally wouldn’t run Iptv on enigma 2 unless you have no other choice and I’d rather have twin cable than twin sat and single cable, 4k box is a waste of time unless your going motorised so go for the cheapest that does what you want and get a decent android or mag box to run iptv.

thanks for reply any android box you would recommend
Lot of people seem to like the formuler boxes but as long as it’s got 2 gig of ram most will run Iptv pretty well. The formuler comes with its own Iptv app so might be easier but I haven’t used one personally.

If you do decide you'd like to go with an Enigma2 box, the HD51 does a great job of running dual receivers and an IPTV sub or 2. While I can't compare it to the others that you mention I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for the job, it is plenty powerful enough and the experience of using it is very fluid.

I don't know why people don't seem to like them but for me having everything on one box with a traditional 'Sky-like' EPG and a choice of feel/skin is better than switching to my Android box if I want to watch the footy and I like to flick channels etc when the adverts come on.

There aren't many setups where you can watch BBC on Satellite, Sky Sports on IPTV, both at the same time, on the same screen while searching the EPG for what's on later in the evening. I just like the flexibility and My Mrs likes the simplicity.

If you do decide you'd like to go with an Enigma2 box, the HD51 does a great job of running dual receivers and an IPTV sub or 2. While I can't compare it to the others that you mention I wouldn't hesitate in recommending it for the job, it is plenty powerful enough and the experience of using it is very fluid.

I don't know why people don't seem to like them but for me having everything on one box with a traditional 'Sky-like' EPG and a choice of feel/skin is better than switching to my Android box if I want to watch the footy and I like to flick channels etc when the adverts come on.

There aren't many setups where you can watch BBC on Satellite, Sky Sports on IPTV, both at the same time, on the same screen while searching the EPG for what's on later in the evening. I just like the flexibility and My Mrs likes the simplicity.
torn between mutant and tiviar both combo and do I need 4k any suggestions thanks

torn between mutant and tiviar both combo and do I need 4k any suggestions thanks

I don't use 4k, I don't have a 4k TV and there is so little 4k content (especially without official subs) that I haven't found it to be something I've yearned for. But you should also consider if this might be something you'd regret at a later date if you didn't get a 4k compatible box.

I went for the HD51 after considering my own needs but if you'd prefer an extra tuner (I think it has 3 right?) over 4k compatibility and whatever other advantages the HD51 has, then perhaps the Triviar is for you. But the HD51 definitely does the job you are looking for and I reckon it's good for a few years yet.

I don't use 4k, I don't have a 4k TV and there is so little 4k content (especially without official subs) that I haven't found it to be something I've yearned for. But you should also consider if this might be something you'd regret at a later date if you didn't get a 4k compatible box.

I went for the HD51 after considering my own needs but if you'd prefer an extra tuner (I think it has 3 right?) over 4k compatibility and whatever other advantages the HD51 has, then perhaps the Triviar is for you. But the HD51 definitely does the job you are looking for and I reckon it's good for a few years yet.
last question on this which box do you think would be better for iptv thanks mial

agreed. as above i really don’t see why people are buying new zgemma for iptv, they were only ever for people that didn’t want to upgrade the box they had.
mag box or android box all the way and much easier and user friendly to setup

Back