which box to buy

nedmarshall

a little help please am looking at getting a box which i want to record on and watch another channel i have a budget of around 150 ish will be using it only for 28.2 so would like to be able to make it as easy to use as possible for wife ie blue screen menu
the question is which box i thought about technomate twin or xpeed lx2 or zgemma would ideally have internal hdd capability but am not sure which or if there is a better alternative please advise

A very cheap box is the nbox 5800sx
It cost £90 approx and comes with a 250 gig hard drive built in no external usb hard drive much much better.
It has 2 tuners.

It's a bitch to set up with a good image but when it's setup it's a great box and works well.
Another good thing is it has a remote controle almost the same as a real sky Box.
When it's all setup u can put a sky skin on it and run oscam, and use your cline if u have one.

If u get one u want it coming with hyperion image on it.
If not try and get a pli image with it and then change it to hyperion.
Also it's a full sized box and has a nice lcd display..

Hope this help.

Last edited:
is that a clone box and how is support,i know it wont run vix if he wants that.

No it's not a clone it's a genuine sat box for canal sat a bit like our sky sat boxes
It's been modified to take enigma images.

And yes I don't think it runs vix but it's very cheap and it's better than a lot of boxes u will pay £150 for.
I've had almost every box going and if I wanted a cheap twin tuner this is the one for me.
It runs smoother and more stable than most others.

Once image is on it its the same to set up as any other enigma2 box.
Pkt team have lots of support for it..

I would go for the Zgemma S2 as a cheap starter box it has plenty of support is also not a clone box is supported officially by a few image teams openatv being one and is fully image updatable and has patched openvix images if you want openvix image but its not up datable but hey runs great on the box.
twin tuner decent enough specs will do everything you want it to you can record to usb drive or caddy mounted hard drive via usb..
used this box for a while its nice and clean quite snappy and does the job well...
If your looking to spend more on a genuine box then the next best is the LX2.

Back