Which box to purchase?

jimmy6008

Hi Guys
I got the h5.2s box but since sly has mainly stopped working I am debating buying a cable box. Got virgin but before I purchase it just wanted to find out if people are experiencing any issues with virgin and if that will eventually stop working as well?

With regards to the box which one would you recommend. Zgemma H.2H is the common one I believe. Is there a newer version of this which is worth considering?

Thanks for your help.

Yes.. the Zgemma H5,2tc.....I've got one for sale if interested m8... Have a look at the spec, see if it meets your requirements

The H2H only has a single cable tuner and single satellite tuner. The h5.2tc has single satellite and twin cable tuners so you can record one cable while watching another and you should be able to pick a new H5.2tc up for about £65 now.

In your initial post you asked about Virgin Cardsharing. Obviously the picture there has changed recently with HD sports disappearing, I'm sure nobody is certain if everything will stay as is for the long term or if the SD sports will disappear at some point and maybe other channels (particularly SKY channels). Some people believe it is on borrowed time but no one knows really I don't think.
If it were me and Virgin were available in my area I'd still get a box but would make sure that it was decent enough to run IPTV in the future in case card sharing ended and I needed an alternative. As you already have an H5.2S, it may be worth considering an upgrade but I don't know too much about the zGemmas to be honest and £150 isn't cheap.

The H7C is there better box, its faster and you can install kodi on it if you wanted to and it's 4k although there is nothing on cable in 4k but is twice as much as the h52tc

The H7C has 1 sat tuner and two dvb t2/c tuners, so you would need two cable feeds going into it, compared to the H2H and H52tc which have one sat and one twin dvb t2/c so only requires 1 cable input, which does mean on the H7C you could have 1 sat feed, 1 cable feed and 1 freeview feed if you wanted. On all three boxes if/when cable does go, which it will eventually but we don't know when, you can unplug the cable feed and plug in feed from rooftop aerial and use as combined freesat/freeview recorder and iptv player.

Out of the 3 boxes, I believe the H52tc is the best value/box for money. It's fast enough for every day use.

Thank you guys. This was very helpeful.

Guess I am going to start looking to see the cheapest H52TC I can find then. So far its around £70.

Back