which box

Minipug

Hi All,

My neighbour is impressed with my skybox f5s setup and has asked me to look into a cable (vm) equivalent. Unfortunately I dont know much about the cable equivalent.
1. Is a Kryptview box the way to go? If so what model? Its got to be readily available as I think he'll buy pretty much straight away.
2. Do you have to pay a subscription like I do with the skybox f5s?
3. Does it still connect to the net in the same way as the F5s therefore a decent internet is needed?
4. I get scrambled relatively frequently on my F5s..... will this still be a problem with the cable box or do they work in a different way?
5. Can anyone suggest someone to purchase from (inc any "free gift" if it is needed)

I do apologize for all the questions but like I say im a bit of a newbie when it comes to the cable side and a lot of the searched posts simply go over my head Im afraid

Thanks for reading and happy new year to all

Dave

Hi Mate,

1. things have moved on from KV, the big advantage with them is that there is no subs,
you will probably only be able to get an A780 though which is an SD box.

The equivalent of the F5s for cable is a Q5 or Amiko Mini Combo.
If you have a bigger budget I would go for a Linux, E2 type combo box with the VIX image installed.
Have a look on world of sat.

2. same set up as sat but you subscribe to a cable server.

3.Yep, same.

4.Depends on how good your line is most of the time.

5. There is a request thread here

Hope that helps. (y)

Thanks for the prompt reply bees....

Just to be clear... Are you saying with the KV A780 there are no subs but (answer 2) there are subs with the other boxes you listed. Sorry for sounding stupid but just wanted to clarify.

Thanks again for the reply

Back