Which Ethernet cable ?

stuss

V.i.P Oakley connesuir
TK Supporter
New garage built going to use my 322 Got to run Ethernet chased in to the house. Cat 5 is what is used indoors. Somebody advised a higher grade cable ? Any suggestions please..

So if I use cat 5 . And it's going to get wet. Once traced into brick work. cat 5 should be ok..as once it's in its not coming out.

Cheers for the reply..

Cat 6A I think looks a good option..
Once the slabs are down Barring a earth quake .Slabs are not seeing daylight.. thanks for your help chaps.

Don't buy cheap ones, whatever you do. You need that click when you insert them and, in my experience, the cheaper the cable the less the click. ;)

Yes. A decent cat6 cable will suffice for most home networks. No need to go for anything higher unless your runs are over 100m

Once home I will use the string method to measure . I think I need 35 metres
I understand what you mean Regards clicking in to place..

I hard wired all my network not long ago. I had the bright idea of fitting my own rj45 connectors on the ends so I only had to drill holes so the cat6 wire would just fit through all my holes.
Only do this if you have patience and make sure you practice putting the RJ45 connectors on the end.
At first I was ready to throw the lot out of the window but once you have done it a few time it gets easier. Obviously you’ll need a couple of cutting/crimping tools but these are quite cheap on Amazon/Ebay.

Thanks for the information..my soldering skills are good.. but I will drill a larger hole..
I have a firestick in the kitchen as I don't have an aerial on the house.
So using a tv app freeview in kitchen...
But would love to have everything hard wired and one single remote.

I have a general cat 5 running from my house to the garage. It also doubles as a washing line!

cat5 will work providing its not a shit one

Back