Which internet provider would you say is the best? (Speed)

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
TT,
VM,
Sly,
BT,
Other

Please comment below with a reason why.

Slow speeds are common, which package provides stable connection during the entire day (no traffic limit), is something i'd be looking considering.

How much do you pay if so?

I think this is very subjective,
as anyone on openreach, which is anyone not on VM basically, is dependent on how far they are from the cabinet

EDIT
my connection speed never changes, no matter time of day, or how much I download, but I'm on a business connection, another reason why the question is fairly subjective,

I use plusnet with far less issues than I had with bt or sky but 2 doors away my mate can't wait to get out of his contract with them.

There is no answer to this, there are too many variables - Where you live, is fibre in your area, how far are you from a junction box, how much are you willing to spend, and many, many more. I'll let this run for a short bit, but if it goes the way I think, I'll be closing it.

Speeds vary a lot with all providers based on various factors - I am with VM and my area was over subscribed for a long time but for the last 12 months since they've upgraded the network, i've had a steady 200 meg+ connection with no limits at all times.

Speeds vary a lot with all providers based on various factors - I am with VM and my area was over subscribed for a long time but for the last 12 months since they've upgraded the network, i've had a steady 200 meg+ connection with no limits at all times.
How did they upgrade the network?
Did you have to complain to them or did they do it themselves?

I don't bother with all these hi speed shenanigans as i have no need for them

I have a 20+meg connection which has never faltered with VM for about £25 (with a landline which has never, ever been used), yes I could pay 2 or 3 times this and get over 5X the speed.

What for?

I don't stream anything because i get my TV thru a line, I have in the past, watched a few things via kodi / iptv / whatever
mostly crap and not worth bothering with but YMMV, although i doubt it will make any difference to my life if I went back to 10meg

It depends what you're doing with it. if you've umpteen teenagers living there constantly gaming, facebooking, youtubing and christ knows what else 20 hours a day then 20meg probably won't cut the mustard.

If there's 2 or 3 of you there and you are wanting iptv for you and mrs xsony_ngux and facebook/youtube/xboxlive etc for xsony_ngux jr, then I'd say a 20meg connection would probably do you from VM.

AFAIK the other basic packages start off with 'up to 17meg'?

How did they upgrade the network?
Did you have to complain to them or did they do it themselves?

For many months I rang and complained and was getting credits onto my account regularly but in the end I just said to them, putting credits onto peoples accounts don't fix the issue and told them it needs rectifying urgently or they are going to lose customers. They eventually fixed the issue - this was last November and it's been spot on since except for the odd few times when it's been down for maintenance but it's never down for long.

I don't bother with all these hi speed shenanigans as i have no need for them

I have a 20+meg connection which has never faltered with VM for about £25 (with a landline which has never, ever been used), yes I could pay 2 or 3 times this and get over 5X the speed.

What for?

I don't stream anything because i get my TV thru a line, I have in the past, watched a few things via kodi / iptv / whatever
mostly crap and not worth bothering with but YMMV, although i doubt it will make any difference to my life if I went back to 10meg

It depends what you're doing with it. if you've umpteen teenagers living there constantly gaming, facebooking, youtubing and christ knows what else 20 hours a day then 20meg probably won't cut the mustard.

If there's 2 or 3 of you there and you are wanting iptv for you and mrs xsony_ngux and facebook/youtube/xboxlive etc for xsony_ngux jr, then I'd say a 20meg connection would probably do you from VM.

AFAIK the other basic packages start off with 'up to 17meg'?
What if there's 7 people in the household, they stream youtube, download sometimes, browse the net,

What package would be best and price?

Virgin for speed

6815777999.png

Back