which line and where?

Oops

Hi guys,

I have a little bit of a dilemma, my sister has a Vu+ solo box and its been working great since she got it, but now she needs another line installed, and as I'm new to all this. (I have an zgemma h2s box which I love and have only just figured out how to get it up and running thanks to wooshman and his wonderful tutorial.)
I'm not sure which type of line is installed on the vu solo (either cline or nline) is there any way for me to check? and when I've done that how do I go about installing the line (once I get one) I'm pretty sure I have to ftp it to the box but what files do I need and where do I put them, I have looked around the site at some of the varying post and have a bit of a notion what I'm doing but a tutorial would be great,
Sorry for being a newbie :)

for nlines user path is generally usr/keys/newcamd.list/right click and edit/ details will show
for clines your looking to find cccam cfg file, not sure on the user path, but try etc/var/

Open Vix - etc - C line
Openvix - var/keys N line

OpenATV - var/keys - C & N line

Check which file you are using as garyth above has described

Thanks guys, Ill get on it and let you know how I get on.
One quick question though how do you know which image is on the box?

Or power the box up from the rocker switch at the back
it will be plastered all over the boot screen

Thanks again and I'm sorry for being a complete noob but how do I use filezilla to connect to the vu box?

get your ip from the box, open up FileZilla, put the ip in the top left, quick connect, should be good to go

Hey all, I just wanted to update you that I got the box up and running it was a cline and it was in the etc file once I had that info it was a doddle. My sister is over the moon with it so a big thank you to all on here I couldn't have did it without all your help,

Thanks guys.

Back