Which splitter/cable?

Wabby69

virmin due to install this afternoon.

Cant find a 5-1000mhz splitter locally, only 5-2500mhz. Will this do?

Also, WF100 best cable for a 30m run to my box??

virmin due to install this afternoon.

Cant find a 5-1000mhz splitter locally, only 5-2500mhz. Will this do?

Also, WF100 best cable for a 30m run to my box??

ebay and buy tratec or labgear splitter, cable can be bought there as well

Cheers. Just had a thought tho ... would I be able to get the engineer to run the cable around my house to the tv for the router? Saves me running cables etc. Lol

Ie install router at tv instead of other side of room? Have to go via outside of house, in through two walls then into internal garage before going into front room?

Cheers. Just had a thought tho ... would I be able to get the engineer to run the cable around my house to the tv for the router? Saves me running cables etc. Lol

Ie install router at tv instead of other side of room? Have to go via outside of house, in through two walls then into internal garage before going into front room?

yeah you sure can, just tell him where you want the router and that's next to the tv, job done

Well its in.

I'll run the cable myself, as they were talking about 'running around the door frame inside' and 'clipping it to the gutter' outside ... er no thanks.

Can I split the cable in the outside brown box rather than inside? Saves me drilling another hole?

Yes, you can split the cable outside in the brown box.

30m is a massive run! ... you might get signal loss and require an amplifier but see what it's like first - you should always try and use the shortest length possible to do the job.

i found this but not sure if this is genuine wf100. cheaper than flebay though
http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/webro-foam-100-wf100-coax-cable-black-priced-per-metre-a42ra

It's Maplin - a high street store and they're not allowed to sell counterfeit items so it is genuine.

The problem with a lot of the cheaper clearance stuff in Maplin is, it's only in stock in a limited number of stores.

You can get 10 metres on eBay for about a fiver so not much dearer and delivered straight to your door :)

Back