which splitter to choose?

Burlesy

TK Veteran
Afternoon all

Here is my setup regarding cable.
my vm setu.jpg
Here is my current splitter
IMG-20160723-WA0003.jpg

to replace this I would keep it on the 5-1000MHz to reduce the chance of interference range with 1 input & 4 output correct?

I want an extra two VM Feeds upstairs (20-25m would that be a problem)
The VM BB is the output on the left (3.6dB & the VM TV Feed is the 4.0dB feed do I need worry/ take this into consideration about this at all?

Any help/feedback would be most appreciated :)

The figures on the left of 3.6dB is not the output its the signal loose from the port and the other port is saying you will loose 4dB

I would add as few splitter's as possible with any setup so from what I understand you have a feed coming into your house which is then split so 1 feed goes to your TV and the other to your router and now you want to add 2 feeds upstairs? Then I would swap the spltter downstairs for a 3 way and then run 1 of the feed's upstairs and use that splitter (one in the photo) as your upstairs splitter.

Make sure you leave no open ports (all splitter ends must have a connection to something) so you don't get interference, also make sure you use RG6 cable too not RG59 as the sheilding is better and if you can get the ends crimped too so they don't come loose.

Thanks for the detailed response
Yeah you understand the current setup.
When you say to have fewer spliters as possible, wouldnt it be possible to just have 1 splitter with 4 outputs(bb,tv and 2 extra feeds upstairs) or would that cause problems?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

You can do it that way but you'd have to run 2 cables from the 4 way splitter, having 2 splitters should be just fine and will just keep the cabling tidy for you

Thought so, wont have to use as much cable & itll look neater than 2 cables

So i saw, could you pm me the link im stuggling to find a tratec 3 output splitter
Would be appreciated :)

Back