Who said that KodiDirect don't work on Zgemma 2S.

I was told that KodiDirect and its addons never worked but after a few tweaks ive so for got SportsDevil, UK Turks, CcloudTv, Phoenix, Showbox, Filmon, Operation Robocop, Robinhood Project, IPTV Stalker, BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, SportsMania, Channelpear, Genesis and Icefilms working flawlessly.
Anymore addons people can think of I'd be willing to try.

Its been a while since i last tried it, but i couldn't get anything to work and it crashed my box. When you say a few tweaks what exactly did you do?

Its been a while since i last tried it, but i couldn't get anything to work and it crashed my box. When you say a few tweaks what exactly did you do?

Basically deleted every addon that comes with KodiDirect as none of them worked then downloaded the addons I did want from official sources/repo's to my laptop, removed/added/edited things within the repo/plugin then FTP'd them to the relevant folders within KodiDirect, some worked some didn't, I'm happy with the ones I have so far but on the look out for more, any suggestions??

I suppose its trial and error with these add ons, keep looking and trying :)
I'll give that a go sometime, thanks

This sounds interesting as kodi never works on my box always either never loads or just crashes my box. I think ill give this a try. If not then ill have to stick with my android box

was a big problem with many things,someone with a big head who knows how to adjust/tinker and setup and get it running is good to know,expect the next 1000 people asking how,as THEY want it.
well done sir.

Basically deleted every addon that comes with KodiDirect as none of them worked then downloaded the addons I did want from official sources/repo's to my laptop, removed/added/edited things within the repo/plugin then FTP'd them to the relevant folders within KodiDirect, some worked some didn't, I'm happy with the ones I have so far but on the look out for more, any suggestions??
nice one,big difference is you are using your pc and box to get things going which most are to lazy to do,i run kodi just fine via the box but you do have do work your way around things,will enjoy watching your postings if you would extend your work cheers les

Well done Blacky1973

If / is there is a way you would be able to backup something from your box and then share it on here so people could simply ftp across to the right location? It really is a genuine question as I really don't know. Just as a starting point for people maybe Genesis for TV series' and movies then turk TV or Sports Devil?

Then a set of desturctions?
1. install kodidirect
2. ftp the folder from download across to Kodidirect folder /wherever/somewhere else
3. do something
4. do something else
5. Enjoy!

Just a thought, but if you have the knowledge it would be nice to be able to learn from you.

I was told that KodiDirect and its addons never worked but after a few tweaks ive so for got SportsDevil, UK Turks, CcloudTv, Phoenix, Showbox, Filmon, Operation Robocop, Robinhood Project, IPTV Stalker, BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, SportsMania, Channelpear, Genesis and Icefilms working flawlessly.
Anymore addons people can think of I'd be willing to try.

I have been a long time xbmc/kodi user on various platforms over the last 15 or so years and found it to be very slow and unresponsive on the zgemma 2s it is a lot easier to plug the laptop in to the tv and do it that way but for other users this may not be a option so a guide of how you modded the files to run on the zgemma would of been a great help to people or even a dropbox with the modified addons in for people to download then ftp to their box's rather than a :binoculars:look what i can do but you lot cant post. Pointless!

woosham...step 2 should read

Copy plugin from C:\Users\YOURWINDOWSUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\kodi\addons\ to \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\KodiDirect\plugins\

not sure what doing steps 3 and 4 are yet but turks doesn't work just doing step 2 - it sees all the links and goes to play but then just black screen :boo:

Last edited:
I'm glad it's working but for me personally, if I really wanted to run plugins via a satellite device the zGemma Star 2S, with its limited amount of memory and CPU is not the box I'd be running said plugins on. There's already plenty of threads where people are making 'bare bones' builds and deleting plugins to try and make their box faster so it's not like the box has great rep when it comes to running these things flawlessly.
If I wanted plugins I'd be going for the high-end boxes with a lot more memory and CPU to throw at them!

Regards, TC

tonyclifton - the H.2S seems to run it much quicker :nolisten:

looks as though we need to edit the settings.xml which is in the subdirectory of the plugin you've copied across called 'resources'...determined to get this cracked

Maybe he was going to when he has chance to and tried other add-ons people have suggested as he asked

My apologies blacky1973 and dsayers2014 i did not mean it offensively. There are so many budget devices out there that run Kodi flawlessly it just feels like forcing a square peg in a round hole with the zgemma.

Yea I don't use kodidirect myself my raspberry pi loads faster but if there's alternatives for others to try then why not

Hi Blacky1973,

As I am new to all this and not that technical do you have step by step instructions on how to get kodidirect to work

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just added some of their addons, especially the E2 ones and found several that work straight out of the box, including BBC & ITV player, WatchfreeTVE2 and WatchfreeMVE2

Since I made the original post a few of the addons have stopped working however the following still work and can be downloaded via the link below (instructions included)

SportsDevil/Vidics/CcloudTv/Phoenix/Showbox/FilmOn/OperationRobocop/BBCiplayer/ITVplayer/SportsMania/ChannelPear/YifiMoviesHD/Genesis

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbzm0qbktoxnlyx/KodiDirect Addons.zip?dl=0

Other addons you may like can be found within the repos folders, don't know if they will work though as only tried the one's I wanted.

Nice Job Blacky, thank you for taking the time to do this and the instructions.

It's a shame some plugins have stopped working.

Back