Why does my ibox 2 plus not show channel numbers?

asteroid1

Hi Guys,
I really could do with some help on this one.
I can't get my ibox 2 plus to display a channel number on the box's front display. ( if it actually does ).
Every time I change the setting in the "setup" menu ( VFD_SF8 ) it dont wanna work.
If I select any option that says to show channel number ....all I get is the 4 dot/dash icons on the front display.

Can anyone please offer any solution....

Cheers

i am not sure if you can. remember these boxes are a clone of a clone so all the functionality may not work.

@mike123,
Many thanks...
I think I am rapidly going to use this box as a frisbee across the back garden.

It is really doing my head in... parts of it are really good yet others are a pain in the backside !!

you dont really use channel lists satman. if you use autoboquets it will give you sky numbering if you use the all channel boquet. however, i always use the hd one so no benifit foer me.

nothing to do with zeus. it is working more or less ok they are still a few issues with transcoding as i think they have fixed evreything else.

Oh ok. Just my front panel worked fine before zeus but soon as I updated I got same error. Just 4 dots.

---------- Post Merged at 06:29 PM ----------

Anyone running zeus with a working front panel?

Many thanks guys for your suggestions - I have also just re-flashed my box with the latest zeus image openvix-Zeus.016-cloud-ibox-2-plus_usb and I no longer get an option in the settings menu to let me set anything - the "VFD_SF8" is no longer there as an option. Unless I need to be looking elsewhere to get it to show something.

So now instead of just a clock showing on the front display ( which was not ideal but useful ) all I get now is the 4 little dots / dashes...... is there any way to get the front display to show something more useful than just the 4 dashes ?

Cheers,

you might think you have updated to the latest zeus. however, in reality you have not as some of thte functionality is not avaliable for clone boxes. it is mainly down to the new drivers within the image. this is the part they can never, get quite right. for example the last known fully complte and working version of blackhole is 2.05. i would advise you to go back to yur older image. it dose not really matter as all the extentions you have installed will still work and update as expected.

I can confirm the front panel is not compatible with vix Zeus image and cloud ibox 2 plus.
So all you will get is the four dots. I personally use open pli image, And everything works fine.
The Dealers will tell you that the cloud ibox 2 plus are compatible with vix Zeus black hole etc.
But in actual fact they are not compatible with any as they have to be patched.

I can confirm the front panel is not compatible with vix Zeus image and cloud ibox 2 plus.
So all you will get is the four dots. I personally use open pli image, And everything works fine.
The Dealers will tell you that the cloud ibox 2 plus are compatible with vix Zeus black hole etc.

After loading and checking every single zeus vix on to my ibox 2 plus ( yes I did spend all that time doing it - sad as I am ) I can let people know that the only front display you will get is a clock - no channel numbers - and you will only get it from versions 08 and before as it has an option in the setup menu to do so. "VFD_SF8"
Saying that, you can actually add it now also ( still no channel numbers though ) with the latest version 23 but you have to download the plugin "Permanent VFD Clock" to do this.
I have now got the blackhole image loaded on to my ibox 2 plus and it gives me channel numbers and clock no problem - plus its the only image that has allowed me to operate TSmedia without any stopping /crashing issues. It is a little bit more tricky to setup but it was worth it.

After loading and checking every single zeus vix on to my ibox 2 plus ( yes I did spend all that time doing it - sad as I am ) I can let people know that the only front display you will get is a clock - no channel numbers - and you will only get it from versions 08 and before as it has an option in the setup menu to do so. "VFD_SF8"
Saying that, you can actually add it now also ( still no channel numbers though ) with the latest version 23 but you have to download the plugin "Permanent VFD Clock" to do this.
I have now got the blackhole image loaded on to my ibox 2 plus and it gives me channel numbers and clock no problem - plus its the only image that has allowed me to operate TSmedia without any stopping /crashing issues. It is a little bit more tricky to setup but it was worth it.

Yes as I have said the dealers who sell these boxes are misleading us. The normal images are not computable for these boxes,
The only images that work are the patched images, And most of these are no where near 100%.
RE THE VIX patched image is very buggy and no channel display possible.
But you pay your money and take your chance.

I dont think they're misleading us. We all know before we buy that the vu range are available and good and less grief. But we choose to buy these budget boxs in the search for 'bang for buck'. I knew I was buying a clone of an expensive box. But was glad to have the option to experiment along the way to paying more. Imho. Sorry. Rant lol

I have zeus 023 running with all my plugins through tspanel and using a full image ipk for imaging. All works smoothly and much quicker than 308 image. But again mho

Last edited:
Back