Wifi Adapter

adrilang

Hi All,
I hope you are well?

Sorry if this is the wrong section, I'm not quite sure where to go?

Ive been searching this forums and the internet for an actual answer to my issue setting up a wifi adapter for Zgemma H2H.

I have followed all instructions everywhere and still it does not work. With the plugins section not downloading these days, how can I get the drivers for it? I have Ralink RT5370 adapter. I know a number of posts say the drivers are already there however in my case if they were it should work.

When I go through menu, setup, network and press blue button I get an X on the screen?! The network tests show fine with LAN...

Its been two weeks and I still cant get it to work and its proving a pain in the behind! The adapter works fine in a PC/tablet etc so I know it does work, is there a problem with my box running VIX?

If there is somewhere I can download the drivers and manually install through FileZilla or something that would be great if you can point me in the right direction?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

don't use wifi,you get a lot of interference from other electrical appliances which could cause a bad picture.
use homeplugs if you can't hardwire

Hi, thanks for the reply, actually I'm glad you mentioned the homeplugs as I thought that would be a good option.

Perfect, thanks ill take a look, thanks for that.

I seem to have a few things missing from my image, not sure if that's down to me or just weren't installed?

I seem to have "media scanner" missing which I think can be a useful tool but this isn't showing in my plugins. would this be a case of finding the IPK and installing via USB?

this is the last question :)

I had problems getting my WiFi adapter working too. I found solution on wooshbuild image. Downloaded in Downloadable plugins a driver (network-usb-rt3070) then removed a driver (network-usb-rt2800) then turned box or at wall and works great now

im using VIX and the download plugins option is no longer working for me, reading other threads previously, this option was removed. After many hours of searching i found the drivers but havent installed them as i went down the homeplugs route for more stability and works great.

don't use wifi,you get a lot of interference from other electrical appliances which could cause a bad picture.
use homeplugs if you can't hardwire
I have 2 zgemma's and both are connected using cheap wifi usb adapters without any problems.

what may well work for some doesnt all work for others. Im sure that if i managed to get the wifi adapetr working it would be fine, i get 200mb broadband with VM.

Although i detest wires, for things such as this i always like to hardwire.

Also home plugs are great for other rooms around the house with devices that are better hardwired.

Back