WiFi connection to Blade 7000s

Jolly Roger

My Blade 7000s is connected by Ethernet cable to my Router and I have a memory stick in the USB socket for recording. If I wanted to connect the box wirelessly, how would I do this with only one USB socket? Could I use a USB hub with a WiFi dongle?

Why do you want to connect it by WiFi if you have got it hard wired ?

It is known for dropping the signal and therefore glitchy TV.

Actually, it wasn't for me. I intended to set one up for a friend. His Router is the other side of the house to the TV, so not easy to use a cable. However, if it doesn't send/receive a good signal, we might have to find a way to route the cable. Thanks for the reply.

Use a pair of homeplugs to carry the internet signal, they are just as good as hard wired (y)

I would like to try a WiFi connection to a Blade 7000s. Can someone explain how to set up the WiFi dongle? I cannot find how to do this in any of the instructions.

Have you got an internet connection and router coming in to the house ?

(I have seen people posting about using a "vonets wifi bridge")

Or are you talking about using a wireless dongle to connect to the internet ?

( I have used a travel router like this, but it was glitchy)

HTML:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zoom-3G-Wireless-N-Travel-Router/dp/B002SXMH12

Last edited:
My intention was to connect the Blade box wirelessly to a WiFi router. Maybe when I said a dongle, it was misleading. I have plugged a WiFi adapter into the USB socket at the back of the box. The LED lights up, but it is obviously not receiving the signal from the Router. I suppose if the Blade box was intended to be used wirelessly, then there would be a way to set it up in the menu? I had a look at various comments about the Vonets WiFi Bridge and it does look promising.

For anyone looking for a similar solution, a WiFi repeater/extender/booster seems to be the answer. There is a choice of these on Ebay.

go to network setting. select wireless, find the ssid, enter password click hit save. ps also set manual setting to auto so it give you an ip automatically not manually

go to network setting. select wireless, find the ssid, enter password click hit save. ps also set manual setting to auto so it give you an ip automatically not manually

Sorry, but you have lost me here. Are these instructions to set up a WiFi adapter on a Blade 7000? If so, I cannot find any mention of Network or Wireless in the Blade menu!

i did it on my blade 5000s yesterday
menu
setup
network settings
change network config to wireless may only be available perhaps if wifi compatible device is inserted no just checked will still show wireless even with no device connected go left and right
set newtork settings to automatic

---------- Post Merged at 09:00 PM ----------

any luck

He's asking about a blade 7000s not a 5000s their is no option to set the blade 7000s up via wifi unless like mentioned above using home plugs

My Bad sorry, I would have thought the 7000s would be similar to the 5000s :oops:

---------- Post Merged on 17-01-2014 at 12:04 AM ----------

Blade Media

No mention of WIFI support unfortunatly not happening for you.

No problem Prits. I had already worked out that this feature is available on the 5000. Seems strange that a cheaper box has this extra feature!

It's got two USB ports too, so you can still add a HDD to record.

BM7000 must be about three years old now.

EPG is only now and next at the mo, but it updates in real time,
you don't need to use the update button.

Sorry, it's not much help but maybe the answer is to
get a BM5000

I have spoken to an electrician friend of mine and a ring main or radial feed
will allow homeplugs to work. (y)

So you should be able to use them. lol

Thanks for all the replies. It seems there are several options. I just discovered that Blade actually recommend a Vonets VAP 11g WiFi bridge for this purpose!

Back