WiFi set up on BM5000s

Jolly Roger

Just trying to connect a BM5000s wirelessly within the same room as the router, rather than having a cable stretching round the room. My problem is that when I go to 'menu', 'set up', all settings are highlighted except 'Network settings' and 'Internet Ping'. The WiFi adapter is plugged in, but it doesn't allow me to click on Network Settings.
Any ideas what the problem is?

---------- Post Merged at 03:30 PM ----------

I have now discovered that the box needs to have a wired connection before WiFi can be set up. However, it is unable to recognise the WiFi adapter. No idea why, because it is only about 5 metres from the router.

mine worked on wifi ok but after a fw upgrade the dongle wasn't working very unstable i was using a skybox dongle. Just use home plugs mate if possible

mine worked on wifi ok but after a fw upgrade the dongle wasn't working very unstable i was using a skybox dongle. Just use home plugs mate if possible

Yes, I am aware of home plugs and the Vonets Bridge, but I had an adapter which should work on a BM5000. How well it works remains to be seen if I can get it recognised. In Network Settings, it can see the adapter because the name of the router comes up. However, after I add the SSID it does a search and doesn't connect. On checking the router set up, I noticed that 'Enable WDS bridging' is not enabled. When I try to enable it, it says invalid MAC address. I am concerned about altering too many settings without sufficient knowledge of what I am doing!

Back