Windows 8 window s8 what do you think

tr1067

hi guys,i am on windows 7 and was thinking of installing windows 8 but have read some bad reveiws about it,need some feedback on what you all think,thanks in advance,tom

i think it is great. the thing you have got to watch is to make sure your printer will work after the upgrade.

Windows 8 was an absolute shocker, as it was a complete new way of thinking, now that people have had time to use it and get used to it, it is merely sh1t. the new 8.1 has brought a lot of simplifications, but I'm not sure if it is a great O/S.

My vote - :boo:

windows 8

hi there. windows 8 is awful. I wouldn't bother with it. read this on the Microsoft website.

Microsoft is reportedly on course to ditch its troubled Windows 8 operating system in 2015.
According to tech blogger Paul Thurrott, the world's biggest software maker will confirm at its Build conference in April that a project titled "Threshold" will deliver a new operating system, Windows 9.
It was scheduled, he said, to launch in April 2015 following an update to Windows 8.1 this year which would also include phone software improvements.

there you go.

Honestly, Windows 8 is not that bad. Granted I have installed Classic Shell and boot directly to desktop and have a real start button, but aside from that, it is smooth fast OS. Boot is faster than my Windows 7 on a higher end machine and I have yet to have any major hiccups from it. The Metro Screen is useless but since I am never there, it doesn't bother me. lol If it wasn't for the sheer terror of trying to re-install and set-up my main system with all my programs and preferences all over again, I would seriously consider switching it from 7 to 8 as well.

Back