windows 7 critical UPDATE

dee

TK Veteran
mmmmm let this load yesterday not a clue what shite microsoft were sending, but the little fecker stopped me login on would not reconise the password, {Service service failed can not log user on}:( had a word with friends who are pc savy and they have`nt had this type of message, in the end went threw safe mode and returned the pc to an earlier date, any ideas on this please, anyone had this or if not ideas to prevent it happening again would be fantastic.:)

There is a log of all updates, I would check for recent updates and then go to microsoft's website and search for it, sounds a little suspicious to me.

But then it could just be another microsoft screw up, if I said I was suprised I would be lying ;)

I had a similar problem to this with my new HP laptop. After having spent an entire day downloading and installing updates, i turned it off safely. 2 hours later I boot up the laptop, type in password and then the screen would go black and tell me that there was a log on error, and I had to keep turning the laptop off and then back on. But on the second/third boot it went back to normal again, my guess is that the update must've screwed up somewhere.

I dont know if its just me, but these Windows 7 errors seem to be alot more intimidating than the ones on XP. lol

Have a read here dee Microsft July Patch
You could check the KB number next to 'view update history' and do a search on it that way to get more information about what its for and what went wrong

Back