Windows 8 Windows 8 - Cant see my secondary HDD

You can pick up external enclosure, you might be able to get the stuff off the HDD.

Something else you can try is updating the BIOS, find the model and make of your motherboard and go to their website, you should find step by step instructions on how to update the BIOS.

Well at least if its detected on another comp you know you have more serious problems :) have you tried plugging in a new external or even removing an external from casing and plugging in that instead? far fetched ideas but try another comp instead first, santa landing soon so happy christams j4v3d im off to bed, he might drop a new hdd down the chimney :)

You can pick up external enclosure, you might be able to get the stuff off the HDD.

Something else you can try is updating the BIOS, find the model and make of your motherboard and go to their website, you should find step by step instructions on how to update the BIOS.

Right here is the BIOS updates available for my motherboard:
Code:
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4147#bios

It says Beta BIOS - so should i still download it?
Well at least if its detected on another comp you know you have more serious problems :) have you tried plugging in a new external or even removing an external from casing and plugging in that instead? far fetched ideas but try another comp instead first, santa landing soon so happy christams j4v3d im off to bed, he might drop a new hdd down the chimney :)

I'll try it another PC - Not removing an external from casing, i know for a fact disaster will strike where i am concerned lol

Goodnight pal, hope you and the family have a cracking time tomorrow.

PS. If Santa doesnt come down my chimney and comes down yours make sure you send him to me with SEVERAL HDD's :)

Right tried it in my brother PC I can hear it spin but his BIOS doesn't detect the HDD. Is it worth me trying to update my BIOS even though the latest is a Beta version?

UPDATE: I conclude this HDD has been a nightmare for me and is dead. Manufacturer (Seagate) can expect an email from me.

Last edited:
I would think it's safe to say the HDD is dead, updating the BIOS won't help, sorry j4v3d :(

I had a drive die on a 6 month old laptop, I e-mailed the manufacturer about a warranty and it was going to take 2-4 weeks to get the laptop back to me, I just replaced the drive myself and re-installed windows, it's easier and quicker. I got more drives laying around than I know what to do with. I'd happily give you one j4v if you weren't so far away.

I would think it's safe to say the HDD is dead, updating the BIOS won't help, sorry j4v3d :(

I had a drive die on a 6 month old laptop, I e-mailed the manufacturer about a warranty and it was going to take 2-4 weeks to get the laptop back to me, I just replaced the drive myself and re-installed windows, it's easier and quicker. I got more drives laying around than I know what to do with. I'd happily give you one j4v if you weren't so far away.

I'm going to check the serial number on the HDD online and see if there is any warranty left on it if so I'll get them to send a new one out. Proper gutted. I've barely even used the computer. Where are you from pal? What GB hard drives do you have lying around?

Santa didn't pop in with a new HDD so looks like I maybe hunting for one tomorrow in the sales online. Which HDD do you recommend? Feel free to inbox me :)

Whats the best HDD to buy then?

Here is the bugger that has died on me
Oh0C4p4.jpg

How do i tell if its SATAI, SATAII or SATAIII ?

Having a look here at the moment
Code:
http://www.ebuyer.com/store/Storage/cat/Hard-Drive---Internal?4=1000&190=1TB

Last edited:
Right guys - Bought the same HDD with extended warranty fitted it in, shows up in device manager and on EaseUs Partition Recovery Software that axxxo recommended, but i cant see it on My Computer.

How do i get it to show up there?

75BbYyW.png
DkGsaoU.pngmk21rGx.pngYAWrGcR.png

CXtdPXW.jpg

STUPID ME - DO NOT FORGET TO ALLOCATE THE DRIVE A LETTER! All working now. :)

Last edited:
I was just about to ask if you formatted the drive.

Glad to see you got it all working j4v :)

No format needed :) Finally relieved to have sorted it all out. In the mood to spend dunno what else to buy haha.

Massive thank you to you guys - Yet again the TK Family hasn't disappointed.

Back