Wireless adapter recommendations?

Crust

I was gonna buy power lines at the end of the month but Sky have cancelled my service early after I complained a lot. So I am just gonna buy a cheap USB wireless adapter for now but am looking for help. What does everyone else use?

I was gonna buy power lines at the end of the month but Sky have cancelled my service early after I complained a lot. So I am just gonna buy a cheap USB wireless adapter for now but am looking for help. What does everyone else use?

Cabled: Most people use a cabled connection directly to the router and if this is possible for you to do is the best way to connect.

HomePlugs: Home plugs / power line adapters work very well where the above is not an option. For £20 you get a connection nearly, if not as good, as the above.

Wireless: Wireless adapters, some people have success with these others don't. The location of the box, the quality of the adapter, the luck you have all play a factor. I bought one just to play with and it reboots my box once and then starts to work. It does this every time I boot. Others, BeakyFord for example has had sucess with one for a setup he did.

Homeplugs aren't an option until I get paid at the end of the month unfortunately so I was looking for a cheap alternative for a few weeks until I get paid.

I was wireless had a few probs so got a 5m cable from amazon and everything is running smooth now and cant see the wire hidden behind units and stuff

Back