wireless and Magic eye.What do I need

Sopryan

I want to set up a second box for the kids which will need to be wireless. I'd also like to use a magic eye or the equivalent for this box. What do I need to buy. Is it possible to run 2 magic eyes from the same box like I am at the minute, on sly. I already have a signal booster. Thanks.

Not sure about magic eye. For wireless your best of using home plugs easy to use one goes into router other goes into box. You can use dongles but have poor connection issues.

Last edited:
Agreed wireless no good. Homeplugs great.

For rf modulator see mercury 14.99

But remote wont work.
Use vu+player android app for remote tho.

For magic eye setup can get expensive!

If u have a splitter box in atic and its powered maybe.
Not powered prob not.

If the feed is just from main to second and not split yes.
If rooms are beside or above eachother another option is av sender with built in ir repeater but they dont like thick walls etc

---------- Post Merged at 07:55 PM ----------

In all honesty. With all that and the £40+ for magi eye and triax would you not consider just either buying an openbox or single tuner zgemma s and give kids separate box? In the long run id say it would save headaches and arguments in future? ;)

ya i have a powered splitter box. the rooms are beside each other but we have foil back slabs on the walls. why do you suggest the openbox? is it magic eye capable or just cheaper, therefore buy 2. are they as easy to set up as the zgemma i.e with a complete set up guide like the one you provided. can the sly skin be used. sorry for all the questions but i just want to make sure i weigh up all the options. also whats the average price for a decent line, if we decide to go down the root of seperate boxes

if you just want sky in kids bedroom (openbox) is cheapest ,most servers will run 3 lines hence no need for new server,if you want sky skin cloud ibox 2 or zgemma box and you can run to other room via loop on back of box depending on cable management

I dont like openbox as main TV but for young kids? No record or sky skin etc and u have to manually update.
Zgemma s would be cheapest i would go but that's prob £62-70 and the twin 2s is only 70. But after running new sat line it amounts up. Still best option to me but your decision dude. Just puttin out options :)

What do you mean by most servers allow upto 3 lines. I bought the line. It is not a personal server.

Last edited:
What do you mean by most servers allow upto 3 lines. I bought the line. It is not a personal server.

A server is the person that you buy your line of you could pm him and see if he allows multi room ie 3 boxes on same ip. Make sure you do ask because some don't allow it like mine doesn't and they may cut you off.

ive been doing server lines for a couple of years,anybody with a tidy setup will always offer multiroom as a good selling point (people must remember 1 LNB connection=1 LINE) so if you have 2 lnb connections/sky cable connections on the back of box as zgemma star s2 you are using 2 connections leaving 1 for a second box with a 3 room multi server

Newbie!! I have a sly hd in the loft out of the way with magic eyes round the house. I have RF out of the back, Can I utilise these with my in-situ T140 TV Link signal booster??

ive been doing server lines for a couple of years,anybody with a tidy setup will always offer multiroom as a good selling point (people must remember 1 LNB connection=1 LINE) so if you have 2 lnb connections/sky cable connections on the back of box as zgemma star s2 you are using 2 connections leaving 1 for a second box with a 3 room multi server

Dont mean to question your knowledge Leslie. but i was under the impression that the box determined how many lines had been used e.g. = 1 zgemma 2s with twin tuner is only actually using one line as this shows as one ip address. i only say this as i have been informed my server does not support multiroom but am able to record watch one channel and record on another.

as i said im not questioning your knowledge im just informing you of my situation

Back