Wooshbuild Basebuild Download Issues

johnnyJ

Hoping for some guidance on my latest issue. I advised my sister-in-law to buy the same ZGemma H5.2S that I've been using for some time as I thought it would be easy to use the same set-up...Wrong !!!! I've been trying to flash the basebuild onto the box using a known good USB that I used on mine but encountering all sorts of issues with zero recognition of the flash drive. I thought that maybe I was using an out of date version of the basebuild so tried downloading Wooshbuild V5. When I've clicked on the link, it tells me I don't have permissions even though I'm logged in legitimately ?? I've also tried Wooshbuild Infinity but while following the instructions, there is a difference whereby when prompted to click on "Terminal" from the Webif, I don't have this as an option ?? Frustrated or what ??!!!!
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

JJ.

Oh, and before anyone abuses me for being a total noob, I've read and tried all the recommended fixes i.e. - Different USB sticks, mount set-up, etc. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your first step is to just have openatv on the box to start.
Have you managed that yet as terminal will not appear until that is installed.

Hi guys, thanks for the responses. Yes, followed the instructions. The box already had OpenATV but I followed the instructions for the 6.1, installed but still no "Terminal" in the left hand side menu ?? I'll try again tonight, maybe I've installed an incorrect version of OpenATV ?

openATV 6.1 and 6.2 both have terminal as standard. Without sounding like a know-all dick, are you sure openATV 6.1 flashed? You will know as you will have the Video Wizard on your TV screen which is the first thing you see after flashing openATV.

Post in the Infinity support thread where more people will be able to help you. Link is in my signature.

Thanks wooshman, I will take any sound advice on board at this point as I don't want to look like a complete prat in the eyes of my Wife's family......they won't let me forget it after extolling the virtues of Zgemma on everyone who will listen !!!!

Cheers.

so hi, my zee S2 died, so replaced it with a zee 5.2s , loaded infinity , loaded xtreme iptv, supplier loaded, all working so for so good, but when I change channels on iptv it takes about 10 seconds to load the channel, change channel black screen 10 secs and on ,
thing is the same provider, same fibre speed , same x treme but old sucmnsee image on the old S2 loaded channels way faster no lag,
now is this something I can change is setting etc or is it just a querk on the image / box ?
cheers dean.m

so hi, my zee S2 died, so replaced it with a zee 5.2s , loaded infinity , loaded xtreme iptv, supplier loaded, all working so for so good, but when I change channels on iptv it takes about 10 seconds to load the channel, change channel black screen 10 secs and on ,
thing is the same provider, same fibre speed , same x treme but old sucmnsee image on the old S2 loaded channels way faster no lag,
now is this something I can change is setting etc or is it just a querk on the image / box ?
cheers dean.m
Could just be a case of taking a little longer to pull the stream through is and depends on ram of box your using I found my iptv on my star 2s took about 20 seconds to load where on my h2s it was near enough instantly

You will find that the old version of Vix you were using was very lightweight in comparison to the latest versions of openATV. I am not sure how much Vix has grown but I would imagine a lot too as it has been a long time since sucmnsee did an image. WooshBuild Infinity is the smallest it has ever been since WB version 1 so I can't see it being that.

You can turn off timeshift if you don't use it as that will help speed things up. The H52S isn't a slow box though in compared to you old 2s.

The H52S isn't a slow box though in compared to you old 2s.
cheers woosh like I said old S2 ran faultless for 2 years with the old sucmnsee , I went for the H5.2s as its supposed to be quicker,(bascfc1 loads more ram on the H5.s2) , but got to say the old S2 was quicker to load a stream, will try the timeshift off see if that makes a difference cheers guys

Hoping for some guidance on my latest issue. I advised my sister-in-law to buy the same ZGemma H5.2S that I've been using for some time as I thought it would be easy to use the same set-up...Wrong !!!! I've been trying to flash the basebuild onto the box using a known good USB that I used on mine but encountering all sorts of issues with zero recognition of the flash drive. I thought that maybe I was using an out of date version of the basebuild so tried downloading Wooshbuild V5. When I've clicked on the link, it tells me I don't have permissions even though I'm logged in legitimately ?? I've also tried Wooshbuild Infinity but while following the instructions, there is a difference whereby when prompted to click on "Terminal" from the Webif, I don't have this as an option ?? Frustrated or what ??!!!!
Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,

JJ.

Oh, and before anyone abuses me for being a total noob, I've read and tried all the recommended fixes i.e. - Different USB sticks, mount set-up, etc. ;-)
Hi I downloaded wooshbuild basebuild 7 using usb onto my h2s using PUTTY then went onto openwebif and the Terminal came up on this version were as on version 5 it did not. Downloaded infinity "you tube" instructions but allthough i nearly got all the way it seemed to freeze i think i will wait until basebuild do a version.Mind you version 7 is quite good i am using the Wooshbuild skin it is good.

Hi I downloaded wooshbuild basebuild 7 using usb onto my h2s using PUTTY then went onto openwebif and the Terminal came up on this version were as on version 5 it did not. Downloaded infinity "you tube" instructions but allthough i nearly got all the way it seemed to freeze i think i will wait until basebuild do a version.Mind you version 7 is quite good i am using the Wooshbuild skin it is good.

There will never be a basebuild version as Infinity does away with the need !
It will autoupdate so once flashed and that's it.

You need to flash latest clean openatv image once flashed leave it on the wizard follow the instructions for infinity. You might be able to use flash online.
I think i have downloaded Infinity but can't tell is there any way i would know for sure?

For info:

WooshBuild is now confirmed up and running on 128 makes / models of enigma2 box as well as as pre-installed option on some boxes from the latest Techkings sponsers Kuul.co.uk

alien5, amiko8900, amikoalien, amikomini, axodin, azboxhd, dinobot4k, dinobot4kmini, dinobot4kplus, dm520, dm7020hd, dm920, e4hdcombo, et10000, et4x00, et6000, et7100, et7500, et8000, et8500, et9200, et9500, evomini, evoslim, formuler1, formuler4turbo, fusionhdse, gbquad, gbquad4k, gbquadplus, gbue4k, gbultraue, gbx3, genius, giavatar, iqonios200hd, ixusszero, mbmicro, mbmicrov2, mbmini, mbminiplus, mbultra, mediabox, mutant1200, mutant1500, mutant2400, mutant500c, mutant51, novacombo, novatwin, optimussos2plus, optimussos3plus, osmega, osmini, osminiplus, osnino, purehd, quadbox2400, sabtriple, sf138, sf228, sf3038, sf4008, sf8, sf8008, sparklx, sparkreloaded, sparktriplex, tiviaraplus, tm2t, tmnano, tmnano2super, tmnano2t, tmnano3t, tmnanom3, tmnanose, tmnanosem2, tmnanosem2plus, tmtwin, tmtwin4k, uniboxhd1, uniboxhd2, uniboxhde, vipercombo, vuduo, vuduo2, vusolo, vusolo2, vusolo4k, vusolose, vuultimo, vuultimo4k, vuuno4k, vuuno4kse, vuzero, vuzero4k, wetekplay, x1plus, x2plus, xp1000max, xp1000plus, xpeedlx, xpeedlx1, xpeedlx2, xpeedlx3, zgemmah2h, zgemmah2s, zgemmah2splus, zgemmah32tc, zgemmah3ac, zgemmah4, zgemmah5, zgemmah52s, zgemmah52splus, zgemmah52tc, zgemmah5ac, zgemmah7, zgemmah92s, zgemmah9s, zgemmah9t, zgemmahs, zgemmai55, zgemmai55plus, zgemmas2s, zgemmash1, zgemmash2, zgemmaslc, zgemmass

Back