WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a X unix system admin tried installing the wooshbuild and was unable to as it would seem I’m missing the package installer “ opkg “ could someone point me in the right direction, or tell me where I’ve gone wrong

When you paste in the command line, paste in all the text, not just the http address, you need the 'opkg install' part too

Hi
I hope that I'm doing this correctly?

Ive justed updated my zagama 2s to the latest 6.2 (ive also tried 6.3) and im finding that the time and day of the week on the EPG in the middle of the wooshbuild EPG (where it says when the program is on) is half cut off (please see screen shot)

Its worth saying this is in the middle of the screen so there is nothing I can change on the TV setting

it does not do this on 6.1

Is this a bug?

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
    screenshot.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 26
the blue screen is telling you there's a crash log, upload the recent crash logs here and we'll have a butchers at them, might be worth us pointing and laughing for a few minutes although the truth of the matter is we're all guessing :grin: Have a look in /home/root/logs/
Hi pabloescaban,
thanks for the reply. I've looked at the latest crashlog in Notepad++.
It seems that the error is in line188 and something to do with python possibly. But what do i know - I've never dealt with python!
I'm attaching the latest crash log. I've had to append .txt after the .log file type as wouldn't allow upload of a .log file.
It would be nice to get some sort of resolution to it but computers and all that sometimes get up my nose :confused:
Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Ed

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1545089150.log.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi pabloescaban,
thanks for the reply. I've looked at the latest crashlog in Notepad++.
It seems that the error is in line188 and something to do with python possibly. But what do i know - I've never dealt with python!
I'm attaching the latest crash log. I've had to append .txt after the .log file type as wouldn't allow upload of a .log file.
It would be nice to get some sort of resolution to it but computers and all that sometimes get up my nose :confused:
Many thanks in advance.
Regards
Ed

i'm no expert but it looks like it is struggling to write the backup to the drive, if you are using HDD or USB, you may need to format and try again, after mounting them, try a new backup

i'm no expert but it looks like it is struggling to write the backup to the drive, if you are using HDD or USB, you may need to format and try again, after mounting them, try a new backup
Hi, thanks for the thought. I'll reformat the USB and point the backup to it and see what happens. The internal HDD seems to have all the software ?WB & skins ?OpenATV?? loaded onto it. If I reformat it I'll lose all that's on there and will then have to start fronm WB install.

Hi, thanks for the thought. I'll reformat the USB and point the backup to it and see what happens. The internal HDD seems to have all the software ?WB & skins ?OpenATV?? loaded onto it. If I reformat it I'll lose all that's on there and will then have to start fronm WB install.

If the USB is big enough to hold the full backup, use that.
As I said I'm not 100% certain that this is the problem but there's a few lines in the crashlog that mention device has no atributes

If the USB is big enough to hold the full backup, use that.
As I said I'm not 100% certain that this is the problem but there's a few lines in the crashlog that mention device has no atributes
The USB is 15GB so I reckon it should be large enough. I've managed to backup settings to it and to the HDD without any problems. Just the Complete backup is playing silly buggers.

The USB is 15GB so I reckon it should be large enough. I've managed to backup settings to it and to the HDD without any problems. Just the Complete backup is playing silly buggers.

Full backup will use no more than 0.2GB (200MB) obviously dependant on what's loaded on the box.

The largest backup I have is 146MB down to 112MB (H.2S).

Full backup will use no more than 0.2GB (200MB) obviously dependant on what's loaded on the box.

The largest backup I have is 146MB down to 112MB (H.2S).
Thanks again.
Using a Windows 10 pc formatted the USB again to FAT32 (as it was that already) - tried Complete Backup. Crashed again same place. So tried a deep reformat again to FAT32, tried backup and crashed again.
What about reinstalling WB - what's the best place to start since I already have OpenATV 6.2?
Many thanks in advance.

Thanks again.
Using a Windows 10 pc formatted the USB again to FAT32 (as it was that already) - tried Complete Backup. Crashed again same place. So tried a deep reformat again to FAT32, tried backup and crashed again.
What about reinstalling WB - what's the best place to start since I already have OpenATV 6.2?
Many thanks in advance.

Best place to start is here:-
http://www.techkings.org/threads/wooshbuild-infinity-for-all-enigma2-boxes.140702/

And yes, I would advise starting from the beginning and flashing oATV again as I suspect that is the root of the problem.

Thanks. It's basically what is left even though I've done system updates.
You're correct in starting right from the start. I'll do that when it's convenient.
I'll report back in due course.
Well reinstalled right from start using todays OpenATV 6.2. All went well. Settings backed up to HDD.
Tried Complete Backup from Green > Software manager > Complete Backup.
Sigh - crashed again - same place as previously.
I'll upload the crash report as previously.
Maybe I need something other than OpenATV???
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Attachments

• enigma2_crash_1545153308.log.txt
    35.8 KB · Views: 4
Well reinstalled right from start using todays OpenATV 6.2. All went well. Settings backed up to HDD.
Tried Complete Backup from Green > Software manager > Complete Backup.
Sigh - crashed again - same place as previously.
I'll upload the crash report as previously.
Maybe I need something other than OpenATV???
Thanks in advance.
Ed

This is the skin, change the skin to something else then try a backup

I thought that SkyWB was the skin and OpenATV the image?
I tried different skins before with same crash result.
My h7s does the same, I am unable to do complete backups. It crashes as soon as I press complete backup
I sent crash logs to woosh and he is looking in to it for me.
With that said it only takes a few minutes to flash atv and install infinity, so do we really need a complete backup anyway :)

I thought that SkyWB was the skin and OpenATV the image?
I tried different skins before with same crash result.

Did you restore your settings before you tried the backup after the new flash ?
I should have advised against that as it may be something within them.

If you did just try again without restoring them.

My h7s does the same, I am unable to do complete backups. It crashes as soon as I press complete backup
I sent crash logs to woosh and he is looking in to it for me.
With that said it only takes a few minutes to flash atv and install infinity, so do we really need a complete backup anyway :)
Hi makido,
I did notice one or two problems like this in H7 forum but those were early days but there seemed to be no "solutions".
I even posted a copy of the crash log on the Enhglish form at www.opens.tv. Needless to say not a peep from them unless it was supposed to be posted elsewhere there!
I don't disagree that it only takes minutes (about 30 for me at present but will no doubt will reduce considerably over time :)).
My intention was to mess about with the bouquets a bit and get the sodding polish channels from 13E - and then do a backup just in case. Maye I'll need to write myself a FAQ when doing that so I can recover relatively easily to a status quo after a crash.
Suppose have to live with it.
Has woosh come back yet?
Ed

Did you restore your settings before you tried the backup after the new flash ?
I should have advised against that as it may be something within them.

If you did just try again without restoring them.
No I didn't - I had the HDD re-initialised by the install.

No I didn't - I had the HDD re-initialised by the install.
Ah right, not that so. :(
Just so you know you don't have to re-initialise the drive each time, in case you want to keep some recordings etc..

Just for "pig iron" I tried a full backup on my H.2s (oATV6.2 & WB Inf.) and it completed without error, so maybe it is something with the H7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back