1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by benijofar, May 28, 2018.

1. gray1313

gray1313 TK Veteran

done done another software update today and now all back to normal

wooshman likes this.
  2. djl

djl Registered

Male
    {Retired
    NW Egland
    I am getting ready to install Infinity on my Zgemma-star H2 (that's what is on the front of the STB).At present iPab is installed so it seems a good time to change.
    I would like to ask, what's probably a stupid question, but do I need to be sitting in front of my PC as well as my TV,whilst installing Infinity?
    I ask this as my TV is on the ground floor and PC is on the first floor, it could be tiring!!

3. makido

makido TK Veteran Forum Supporter

You only need to use your pc to connect to your box using terminal. Once you have put in the infinity command, you use your remote to do the rest

djl likes this.
  4. djl

djl Registered

Male
    {Retired
    NW Egland
    Thanks for the answer and speed of response.Just one point the term 'terminal',could you elaborate please?

5. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {builder
    on your remote, press menu>information>network
    in there is an ip address of the box, 192.168 blah blah, write it down
    on your computer, open a new browser and type that ip addresss in and click enter
    this is the interface for your box, on the pc, you can flash it from there by clicking on the 'Terminal' and following infinity installation

gentoo and djl like this.
  6. djl

djl Registered

Male
    {Retired
    NW Egland

7. djl

djl Registered

Male
    {Retired
    NW Egland
    Thanks yet again,it seems to be coming together at last,I'll try it tomorrow.

8. djl

djl Registered

Male
    {Retired
    NW Egland
    Thanks yet again, it seems to be coming together at last, I'll do it in the morning.

9. ZonKaa

ZonKaa Registered

Can anyone help me I’ve tried installing Wooshbuild Infinity on my zgemma h9s I’ve put the code into the terminal but my box doesn’t restart?

10. Jason6416

Jason6416 Registered

Currently runninng openatv 6.2 woth wooshbuild infinity does openatv 6.3 work well with it too and has wooshbuild infinity been updated in a while

11. wooshman

wooshman VIP Member Forum Supporter

{Bodge Builder
    UK
    Infinity works with all versions of openATV. As openATV 6.3 is still beta it is that which may cause you little issues, but Infinity will work just the same with it.

gray1313 and gentoo like this.
  12. Jason6416

Jason6416 Registered

Does woosh build only work with openatv im using zgemma h2s

13. mick t

mick t Registered

have had punters enquiring re swap files
    Has this part of the setup been written out
    as when initialising a hdd the facility seems not to be there anymore

14. 901ennud

901ennud Registered

Hi, does this fix the back up issue for the HD51 also? Or just the multiboot issue?

If so, is there any updated need to fix the current crashing when full backup is attempted.

15. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    Have a look under menu/Info Panel / Extensions /swap manager.

16. mick t

mick t Registered

its in plugins btw but that was not what was asked
    on infinity install part of the setup inlcudes hdd initialisation
    if this is selected
    the hdd or usb is initialised and formatted
    that is still there
    after that came the swap file creation
    that isn't there anymore

17. formandvoid

formandvoid TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Male
    {self employed
    Yes but if you go to menu/Info Panel / Extensions /swap manager can't you set it up.there

18. bazcfc1

bazcfc1 TK Veteran

You can have infinity on over 100 boxes wooshbuild is based around open atv I have it on all my zgemma boxes

19. mick t

mick t Registered

very true my friend
    was just wondering (and have been asked by others) if the facility had been written out of the installation procedure

20. Baldlygo

Baldlygo Registered

Male
    I have an H2s and my understanding is that the swap file does not generally improve performance so is not really necessary. I don't have one and have not noticed any bad effects.