WooshBuild Wooshbuild Infinity Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a problem with recent openatv nightly build? I have flashed my zgemma 9s twice successfully using the basebuild but following an update the boot up is stuck on Openatv splash screen and the red light is permanently on.

Only a reflash ressolves the issue. Thanks

Unless you are using WB Infinity you are posting in the wrong thread.

If as your post suggests you are using OpenATV then you would be better served there, however AFAIK there is no problem with daily/nightly updates.

hi guys my box has been stuck on this screen for over an hour now anyone have any ideas whats wrong

Attachments

• 49914596_877021076022678_2619741729128972288_n.jpg
    49914596_877021076022678_2619741729128972288_n.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
hi guys my box has been stuck on this screen for over an hour now anyone have any ideas whats wrong

That isn't wooshbuild infinity?
other versions of wooshbuild aren't supported any longer, flash openatv6.2 to the box and add infinity as per the instructions in the installation page

OK I've installed it on half a dozen boxes but never seen the 'populating sky movies' text before
What box is this?
just start over and flash openatv6.2 and try again
It's an old LC that I was gonna put in my spare room the set up may be different because I used putty to start it off rather than webif

Using putty shouldn't matter but I know users of the LC have struggled in the past. I am not sure what causes the struggle though as I have never seen one of these boxes.

Restart the box again and select a different skin for now other than SkyQ and it won't try to install the large picons. You can do this later if needed as everything is available in the plugin download section. I am guessing it is something to do with the USB or lack of it.

Using putty shouldn't matter but I know users of the LC have struggled in the past. I am not sure what causes the struggle though as I have never seen one of these boxes.

Restart the box again and select a different skin for now other than SkyQ and it won't try to install the large picons. You can do this later if needed as everything is available in the plugin download section. I am guessing it is something to do with the USB or lack of it.
Yeah I've start again but I've used a different skin seen how it goes

Hi

Yes I am using Wooshbuild which is a tailored build of OpenATV ;) hence the correct area to post.

you mentioned you'd twice flashed the box using basebuild?
Infinity doesn't use basebuild
Flash openatv6.2 and add infinity as per the installation instructions, if this is what you have done/are doing, at what stage is the box getting stuck?

Hi

Yes I am using Wooshbuild which is a tailored build of OpenATV ;) hence the correct area to post.

Well why not say that then ?
We cannot second guess what you have on your box and all you mention is OpenATV and basebuild, which Infinity does not use. ;);)

BTW, WB Infinity is actually an image-less build and is NOT a tailored build of OpenATV.
Anyway I have just done an update, via blue button on my H2S and no problems encountered.

Thanks guys, I still have the problem - i have done an update and the box didnt reboot.
I then switched off and back on again. Upon reboot the front LED on Zgemma9s is lit red and I have the embossed OPEN ATV splash screen.

The box was built using wooshbuild infinity instructions which was started by applying image downloaded from AirDigital vsit from links - if this is not what we call basebuild then so be it.
Anyway, lucky enough I saved a backup image so will restore that. Thanks

Thanks guys, I still have the problem - i have done an update and the box didnt reboot.
I then switched off and back on again. Upon reboot the front LED on Zgemma9s is lit red and I have the embossed OPEN ATV splash screen.

The box was built using wooshbuild infinity instructions which was started by applying image downloaded from AirDigital vsit from links - if this is not what we call basebuild then so be it.
Anyway, lucky enough I saved a backup image so will restore that. Thanks
Have you followed the setup guide correctly the open atv 6.2 is not a basebuild it's an image and you install infinity on top of that basebuild used to install Wooshbuild images where as with infinity you do it your self if you have infinity on your box you won't see the open atv 6.2 splash screen it will come on saying wooshbuild infinity

I still cant work out if you are talking about software updates via the blue button or if it doesnt restart after you install infinity.

If its software updates just dont do them. A few updates are not essential and your box will run perfectly well without them
I have read on here that the h9 nightly updates can be rather hit and miss sometimes

Have you followed the setup guide correctly the open atv 6.2 is not a basebuild it's an image and you install infinity on top of that basebuild used to install Wooshbuild images where as with infinity you do it your self if you have infinity on your box you won't see the open atv 6.2 splash screen it will come on saying wooshbuild infinity

Thank for the reply. Yes , followed instructions and started with
Flash the version of openATV you want on your box. This is available from:
http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/index.php?open=

that is what i'm referring to basebuild' and then i apply the wooshbuild via Terminal
opkg install http://wbuildx.co.uk/setup.ipk

it's only when I do a software updates and the reboot it becomes stuck. Never had this before which leads me to beleive it may be and update or plugin fault?

I still cant work out if you are talking about software updates via the blue button or if it doesnt restart after you install infinity.

If its software updates just dont do them. A few updates are not essential and your box will run perfectly well without them
I have read on here that the h9 nightly updates can be rather hit and miss sometimes

yes software via blue button - it had 103 to do hence I decided to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't necessarily need to do the updates just reflash and don't do the updates

Yes, I appreciate I can do that but I suppose what I am trying to say is that there could be a problem with the nightly updates for those with 9s boxes like mine.

Are you flashing 6.2 as that seems a lot of updates
http://images.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmah9s/openatv-6.2-zgemmah9s-20190116_usb.zip
Or flash it online does that give the option of 6.2

it was in my downloads section from 2nd jan - openatv-6.2-zgemmah9s-20190102_usb which is probably the reason for 103 updates - i will download a newer version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, looking for some help please. I am running up to date version of Wooshbuild Infinity (H2S with CAM and IPTV) and have noticed a number of channels such as Dave, W, BT Sports 1,2 & 3 (all SD Channels) are in the bouquet "Not Indexed" rather in their respective ones i am used to ("Entertainment", "Sports" etc). Am i doing something wrong, or did i not select something correctly when i upgraded from previous release? I am not using any custom bouquets. Example screens and settings below. TIA for any help :)

Apols all, just checking did i post this in the correct thread plz? i have made the assumption it should be here? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back