Wooshbuild not detect Seagate HDD

syphon

Hi Chaps, not needed to post anything for a while. Anyway, I`ve been using the H5.2tc with the IPAB image which is ok but a bit slow sometimes so thought I`d give the wooshbuild a try yesterday. Everything went fine apart from it wont detect my Seagate HDD. This worked fine on the H2H and on H5.2tc with IPAB. I`ve tried reformatting the HDD in different configurations but still would not detect. For now i`ve gone back to IPAB as I need to record things over the weekend whilst i`m at work (F1).
If anyone has any fixes I may get chance to try them today but more than likely next week.
Got to say though, The wooshbuild looks and runs a whole lot nicer.

Thanks in advance.

At what point is it not being recognised/detected?

If you press the menu button and select Setup -> System -> storage devices is the hdd listed?

If so exit back to the TV picture and then press the red button and select Plugins -> Mount Manager. Is the hdd listed and is the mount correct? ie mount: /media/hdd ?

Hi grog,

I flash the box using my usual usb stick. this is what I`ve tried:

Flashing the box and on 1st boot plug in HDD.
Flashing box and setting up everything, updating and then plug in HDD.
Tried the mount manager and nothing is shown.
Tried the storage devices and nothing is listed.
As i`ve said i`ve tried different file formats upon formatting.

cheers.

Same for me, will not recognise my Maxtor 1TB or my Seagate 4TB but Ipabs is fine. The hard drives I am using now are the ones I had on my H.2S running Woosh V3 onwards with no issue but just will not pick them up on the H5.2TC. Ipab works fine so it can't be a hardware problem (flashed both images 3 times with the same outcome)

I've just set a box up with a Toshiba 1TB on a h5.2tc with WooshBuild installed, maybe running a software update Blue button -> software update may have a fix.

im having the same issue with my wd my passport 1tb hdd it installs with ipab no problem however now im trying to flash woosh onto it its not detecting any storage device on the very first setup page

can anyone help resolve the issue?
-------------------------------------------------------------
its finally read the hard drive at the 5th attempt

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a way of putting a external hdd onto a new box without losing all the recordings on it?

My neighbour is getting a h5t2c today he's got a h2s and his hdd has lots of recordings on it I'm going to flash his box with woosh when it comes today

Does anyone know if there is a way of putting a external hdd onto a new box without losing all the recordings on it?

My neighbour is getting a h5t2c today he's got a h2s and his hdd has lots of recordings on it I'm going to flash his box with woosh when it comes today
You would have to take all the stuff off it via a pc when its still connected to the unit it was recorded on then transfer them back over later.

Guys please help me I am in the same boat. Trying to install Seagate Expansion drive 1TB but my Zgemma H5.2TC only shows 64kb memory. I've reflashed and updated software but to no avail. My HDD is not listed on Storage Devices either. This is getting really frustrating not sure whatelse to do

Last edited:
You could try formatting it on your computer then re-initialising it ... gotta be worth a shot.

Format it with the default settings - initialise it in the storage devices menu.

I've just tried but somehow Seagate HDD is not coming up in Storage Devices. THe entire option of Storage device disappears when I plug in Seagate HDD

Last edited:
I have heard of people having issues with seagate drives before ... wondering if you could download drivers via plugins which may help? ... I don't have a seagate drive so I can only make suggestions.

I have heard of people having issues with seagate drives before ... wondering if you could download drivers via plugins which may help? ... I don't have a seagate drive so I can only make suggestions.
I've looked but can't see any drivers for Seagate. What section will it be under of drivers? I just wonder if H5.2TC supperts external HDD

Back