Wooshbuild not detect Seagate HDD

It's a firmware / driver issue - Wooshbuild is firmware created by Wooshman on this forum - check on Wooshmans thread but it's unfair to expect him to buy every box and hard drive combo to test, afterall, it's just a none profitable hobby for him.

I had the same problem, sometimes it would initialise but then once up and running refused to see it again and other times wouldn't even initialise. Formatted loads of times but no matter what I did it just wouldn't play nicely on Woosh's which I found ironic as all I have ever used is Woosh's image on about 30 boxes (S2 and H.S2) and only ever with Seagate or Maxtor HDD's without issue. Gave up in the end and have just used Ipab's image as that works and as long as you don't update it it seems to stop the boot locking problems. Woosh's builds are still better just no longer seem compatible with this box/HDD combination which is a shame.

Adendum, also tried to see what the difference firmware was between Woosh and Ipab but couldn't find anything obvious to explain including plugins

I had the same problem, sometimes it would initialise but then once up and running refused to see it again and other times wouldn't even initialise. Formatted loads of times but no matter what I did it just wouldn't play nicely on Woosh's which I found ironic as all I have ever used is Woosh's image on about 30 boxes (S2 and H.S2) and only ever with Seagate or Maxtor HDD's without issue. Gave up in the end and have just used Ipab's image as that works and as long as you don't update it it seems to stop the boot locking problems. Woosh's builds are still better just no longer seem compatible with this box/HDD combination which is a shame.
My problem is that I can't even see Storage Devices Option when I plug Seagate HDD in.
I don't think its anymore than some drivers issue maybe

I had trouble with a 1TB when I first installed woosh V6 but that was before a new version was released. It then found it no problem, I also use minitool partition wizard to format any HDD to EXT4 before plugging it in. I have never failed using that method.

I had trouble with a 1TB when I first installed woosh V6 but that was before a new version was released. It then found it no problem, I also use minitool partition wizard to format any HDD to EXT4 before plugging it in. I have never failed using that method.
Have you tried with Seagate HDD?

I've read into this. My understanding is that the issue lies with missing USB Controller/Adapter drivers maybe someonelse can confirm?

same problem for me. took delivery of my h5.2tc on wednesday, installed woosh, and as reported by others my seagate external 2tb hdd is not recognised no matter what i try.
i need the hdd working, otherwise it will have been a pointless exercise upgrading from a h2h to a h5.2tc, i.e. i only upgraded for the extra tuner, and if i cant record then whats the point lol.
next move will be installing ipab tonight after kids have gone to bed.

same problem for me. took delivery of my h5.2tc on wednesday, installed woosh, and as reported by others my seagate external 2tb hdd is not recognised no matter what i try.
i need the hdd working, otherwise it will have been a pointless exercise upgrading from a h2h to a h5.2tc, i.e. i only upgraded for the extra tuner, and if i cant record then whats the point lol.
next move will be installing ipab tonight after kids have gone to bed.
Could you post results if HDD works on ipab? If it does I'll change my image too as my reason for this box was primarily recording too

Could you post results if HDD works on ipab? If it does I'll change my image too as my reason for this box was primarily recording too
i will report back yes of course, but i 99% expect my hdd to work on ipab as other contributors on this thread have stated their seagate hdd works on ipab, after failing on woosh.

My seagate drive works fine on wooshbuild & several other builds, never had an issue on 2s, h2s or h5.2tc.

My neighbour is getting a h5t2c today he's got a h2s and his hdd has lots of recordings on it I'm going to flash his box with woosh when it comes today
Shouldn't need to do anything with the drive, i went from h2s to h5.2tc without any problem, all i did was set up wb on the h5.2tc then plugged the drive in & everything worked fine.

My seagate drive works fine on wooshbuild & several other builds, never had an issue on 2s, h2s or h5.2tc.

Shouldn't need to do anything with the drive, i went from h2s to h5.2tc without any problem, all i did was set up wb on the h5.2tc then plugged the drive in & everything worked fine.

hmmm i wonder why you have got different results with your seagate hdd to the rest of us? maybe its just some seagate hdds, maybe its certain memory sizes...what memory size do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back