Wooshbuild not detect Seagate HDD

Just an update I've tried my WD Passport with H5 didn't get recognised. I then tried another WD with external pose supply and this got picked up straightaway.
Makes me think may be its the box itself that doesn't support any External HDD without a separate Power Supply

hi Clarke. my H5.2TC works fine with a 1TB Toshiba Canvio portable hard drive without a separate PSU
That's strange I thought it may be down to box not being able to power the HDD.
Does your Toshiba Canvio has USB taking power from box (without a separate power connection for HDD)

i have always said dont use portable and only a powered one as less stress on usb.
others have also used a powered hub to use portable hdd.

are you plugging in usb while powered off and is it seen and best to state if using externally powered or portable?

i have always said dont use portable and only a powered one as less stress on usb.

are you plugging in usb while powered off and is it seen and best to state if using externally powered or portable?

I am using portable to connect while box is already running. HDD is portable and doesn't have a separate power connection and It draws power from USB

you dont plug in or remove anything while boxes are on just to be sure.
Just tried this
1) Switched the box off
2) Connected Samsung Expansion portable HDD
3) Switched on the box

Still NO LUCK the box still doesnt recognizes the HDD. I did see HDD lighting up when I connected the HDD while box being in Deep Standby

I've just bought and tried powered USB And it doesn't work either. I thought problem may be with USB not powering but Seagate or even WD Passport are not recognised by H5
Really disappointed and out of ideas now

Ipab's, I now have 2 H5.2TC's one with a 1TB Seagate Maxtor M3 initialised the other with a 1TB WD Passport initialised and both have been working fine now for a week but neither would initialise on Woosh. Also have an NTFS formatted 4TB Seagate that stores films etc in .mkv or .mp4 format and that is recognised when plugged in the front on Ipab but not recognised on Woosh.

Ipab's, I now have 2 H5.2TC's one with a 1TB Seagate Maxtor M3 initialised the other with a 1TB WD Passport initialised and both have been working fine now for a week but neither would initialise on Woosh. Also have an NTFS formatted 4TB Seagate that stores films etc in .mkv or .mp4 format and that is recognised when plugged in the front on Ipab but not recognised on Woosh.
Thanks you really are a life saver. I've installed IPAB and my Seagate is all up and running and initialised.

If Ipab ever gets stuck at boot re-install it but do not do the updates at the beginning and it should be good after that, it's a known issue on Ipab's image

well the latest from me is, i dont know what i did, but my seagate hdd is now up and running on my h5.2tc running woosh....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well the latest from me is, i dont know what i did, but my seagate hdd is now up and running on my h5.2tc running woosh....

Now that's really interesting. I tried everything I possibly could but Seagate HDD won't work on my Whooshbuild. I had to update to IPAB And everything worked like a charm. I am sure it's something to do with missing USB drivers in Whooshbuild which I hope will be fixed someday soon

You must have done something :grin:

i know but whatever it is im unaware of it lol! i was actually going to flash ipab with a usb stick, then something went wrong with that process, and i then plugged the usb for seagate hdd back in, not expecting it to work like, however when i checked in the menu it was actually there, so i pressed red (use this hdd as your storage) and its all there, and even got all my recordings from my old h2h as well!

As above it's just a bug in ATV. It will defo be patched soon. Then you can enjoy woosh again. These boxes take all of 5 mins to flash and scan channels so it's dead quick to change builds.

As it is obviously an open ATV issue rather than a WB issue, once flashed have you tried running a software update to see if it has been fixed since Wooshman backed up his image?

Back