Wooshbuild not detect Seagate HDD

That's strange I thought it may be down to box not being able to power the HDD.
Does your Toshiba Canvio has USB taking power from box (without a separate power connection for HDD)
yes correct, the hard drive is powered from the h5.2tc usb port itself, no usb hdd power supply is used

You must have done something :grin:
LATEST: After having troubles with IPAB getting stuck on boot everytime I tried updating it I went back to Wooshbuild and this time I dont know somehow miraculously my Seagate HDD was automatically detected and is working like a charm.
No clue what has changed as I followed exactly same process I had been for long now

LATEST: After having troubles with IPAB getting stuck on boot everytime I tried updating it I went back to Wooshbuild and this time I dont know somehow miraculously my Seagate HDD was automatically detected and is working like a charm.
No clue what has changed as I followed exactly same process I had been for long now

yes same for me! it was a case of 'i dont know what i did any differently this time but now its working' !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi peeps - I have the same issue. Using H2H with OpenATV6.0 and latest software installed. Wont recognise my 1TB M3 Maxtor (Seagate) HDD. Any ideas?

Just putting this out there, make sure you have a genuine branded drive, I got stung on fleabay with what was sold as genuine, i couldnt get it to format and then started looking closely at it and it was a fake. I run the seagate test program on it and it came out with hundreds of run hours and when I opened it up it was a used drive.

as others have installed WB and had no issues since I wonder if you need to try flashing to ATV6.1 to fix it as I think WB is using 6.1
Hi peeps - I have the same issue. Using H2H with OpenATV6.0 and latest software installed. Wont recognise my 1TB M3 Maxtor (Seagate) HDD. Any ideas?
Have you tried atv 6.1?

as others have installed WB and had no issues since I wonder if you need to try flashing to ATV6.1 to fix it as I think WB is using 6.1

Have you tried atv 6.1?

Might sound like a daft question but where can i get WB 6.1 from? I've checked on Wooshbuold external site and all the backups are all 6.0?

I've checked the nightly builds on zgemma.tv and they are 6.0 also.

Typo. sorry. maybe admin can delete?
Partition Manager is a good bit of software for large HHD,create a partition for your box and all your other stuff is safe.

surely you could add the hdd just to play your recordings without doing partitions as mounting it usually means it cant be removed to use elsewhere?

Just a quick update on this for reference. Using zGemma H2H

OpenATV5.3 - Works fine.
OpenATV6.0 (Wooshbuild) - Works fine.
OpenATV6.0 (Dsayers) - Not recognised.
OpenATV6.1 - Works fine.

So in summary seems to be specific to a particular backup for me.

Thats the problem using builds. You have to wait until they get round to an update. I always recommend a nightly build of ATV or latest and build it up yourself. Takes all around 10 mins and at least its a fresh copy with no bloatware on it.

Back