Wooshbuild Support Thread

Can anyone help. I put the usb in the back after formatting 64gb stick to fat 32. Then went to wooshbuild updater and it states sorry your backup destination is not writable. Back up failed. Any help please guys. Iv looked through the other threads and struggling. Thought about mount manager but not sure if this has anything to do with it. Using H52TCH VM

Just to add. I’m trying to update to 7 to sort this audio issue. Iv read wooshmans page first for the record

Just to update I used the usb because it said not enough memory need a minimum of 300mb

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone help. I put the usb in the back after formatting 64gb stick to fat 32. Then went to wooshbuild updater and it states sorry your backup destination is not writable. Back up failed. Any help please guys. Iv looked through the other threads and struggling. Thought about mount manager but not sure if this has anything to do with it. Using H52TCH VM

At what stage does it say the USB is not writable? Have you flashed BaseBuild yet and it is the initialise stage that is giving the error? If so, tun the box off by pressing the red power button and selecting shutdown. Remove any USB devices in your box and turn it back on. Then go through BaseBuild and inster the USB when told.

It does depend on the actual error message you are seeing and when you see it though.

At what stage does it say the USB is not writable? Have you flashed BaseBuild yet and it is the initialise stage that is giving the error? If so, tun the box off by pressing the red power button and selecting shutdown. Remove any USB devices in your box and turn it back on. Then go through BaseBuild and inster the USB when told.

It does depend on the actual error message you are seeing and when you see it though.
First of all thanks for responding and for the help. I wanted to update to 7 to rectify the audio issue. So I went to plug-ins. WB config. Update woosh build v7. First error message I got was not enough memory. 300mb needed. Then I thought it must be because I have no usb. So I formatted a 64 gb to fat 32. Turned box off turned it back on and inserted usb. I then went back to wb config to upgrade to v7 and it then said do you want to back up. So I said yes the that’s when it said sorry your back up destination is not writable. Please use another one. Then said update failed. I hope this helps. And thanks again. Regarding basebuild no I don’t think I have done that. I assume I’ll look through the forums to check.

I did try to flash first and got the same error messages. Trying to give as much info as possible.

First of all thanks for responding and for the help. I wanted to update to 7 to rectify the audio issue. So I went to plug-ins. WB config. Update woosh build v7. First error message I got was not enough memory. 300mb needed. Then I thought it must be because I have no usb. So I formatted a 64 gb to fat 32. Turned box off turned it back on and inserted usb. I then went back to wb config to upgrade to v7 and it then said do you want to back up. So I said yes the that’s when it said sorry your back up destination is not writable. Please use another one. Then said update failed. I hope this helps. And thanks again. Regarding basebuild no I don’t think I have done that. I assume I’ll look through the forums to check.
Sorry and one more thing. I don’t want to lose my line so that’s why I went to back up.

If your line isn't safe until you have a backup you need to find a USB you can put in the box which works before doing anything else. To just backup press the blue button and then backup settings. You should have a copy of your line away from your box though at all times. We are not responsible for a loss of line or IPTV.

WB Config will update to 7 for you and does sound like your USB isn't happy.

Check the mount is set to media/hdd before you try anything else and change it if needed:

From full screen TV:
Red button -> Plugins -> Mount Manager
If the mount is not media/hdd
press the green button and then use the left arrow until media/hdd is selected. Then press the green button to save settings. Your box will restart.

Have reflashed to ver 7. Not sure what's going on but I can't open any of the options in Config except the startup settings. Also cannot download plugins. When I press the green button it just reverts to the channel that was being watched, but won't let me even change channels until I exit out of everything?

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Have reflashed to ver 7. Not sure what's going on but I can't open any of the options in Config except the startup settings. Also cannot download plugins. When I press the green button it just reverts to the channel that was being watched, but won't let me even change channels until I exit out of everything?

You have just described 3 different screens completely.
Green button is plugins
WB Config is a plugin you go into
and you can only change TV channel from the EPG, TV button or full screen TV. You can't change channel from any other screen until you completely exit out of them.

Nothing in WooshBuild 7 has changed with regards to what you can and can't do. Once you decide what you should be able to do and when, then decide if you need to reflash again. A clean install of WB will work flawlessly, Restoring settings from WB6 or even 5 still works.

If your line isn't safe until you have a backup you need to find a USB you can put in the box which works before doing anything else. To just backup press the blue button and then backup settings. You should have a copy of your line away from your box though at all times. We are not responsible for a loss of line or IPTV.

WB Config will update to 7 for you and does sound like your USB isn't happy.

Check the mount is set to media/hdd before you try anything else and change it if needed:

From full screen TV:
Red button -> Plugins -> Mount Manager
If the mount is not media/hdd
press the green button and then use the left arrow until media/hdd is selected. Then press the green button to save settings. Your box will restart.
Ok thanks. I have changed the mount now to media hdd. Went to save my setting but the same error message happened. Shall I try to format it again do you think. I am also using the rear USB port.

Ok thanks. I have changed the mount now to media hdd. Went to save my setting but the same error message happened. Shall I try to format it again do you think. I am also using the rear USB port.
Try formatting it in a PC and trying again. Shut your box down before removing the USB though and only turn it on when the USB is inserted again otherwise it will be mounted as something else when you insert it.

If you have a smaller USB try that too.

You have just described 3 different screens completely.
Green button is plugins
WB Config is a plugin you go into
and you can only change TV channel from the EPG, TV button or full screen TV. You can't change channel from any other screen until you completely exit out of them.

Nothing in WooshBuild 7 has changed with regards to what you can and can't do. Once you decide what you should be able to do and when, then decide if you need to reflash again. A clean install of WB will work flawlessly, Restoring settings from WB6 or even 5 still works.
Sorry if this was confusing I'll try one problem at a time. If I press the green button twice to download plugins nothing happens, it just goes back to the channel I had been watching. At. This stage I can do nothing not even change the channel up or down. It's as if the box is frozen . Have to press exit twice to free it up

Toppicks program times now sorted. Thanks for spotting this @LloydyLUFC. Your images will update automatically.

upload_2017-11-21_21-7-39.png

Sorry if this was confusing I'll try one problem at a time. If I press the green button twice to download plugins nothing happens, it just goes back to the channel I had been watching. At. This stage I can do nothing not even change the channel up or down. It's as if the box is frozen . Have to press exit twice to free it up

I would go with a reflash and test before you restore any settings. Once tested, then restore your settings and see what happens.

In more trouble now. Press green button, select WB Config go down to Reflash/update WB, select with OK button and it hangs as described before. Think I might need to start from scratch. Is there a new version of base-build if I need to go this way

Was using WB6 and updated to atv 6.1 where it was very basic so I have therefore used Chabs skin. I now want to update to wb7 but not sure if i can. Do I need to go back to the standard skin and then follow the instructions on the WB6 update to WB7 thread

In more trouble now. Press green button, select WB Config go down to Reflash/update WB, select with OK button and it hangs as described before. Think I might need to start from scratch. Is there a new version of base-build if I need to go this way

Sounds like it will be for the best. Make sure you have a copy of your line details and IPTV details if you have them before you do anything.

BaseBuild is available by going through this site: http://www.techkings.org/resources/...s-h52tc-h7-vu-solo2-duo2-zero-formuler-f1.47/

Was using WB6 and updated to atv 6.1 where it was very basic so I have therefore used Chabs skin. I now want to update to wb7 but not sure if i can. Do I need to go back to the standard skin and then follow the instructions on the WB6 update to WB7 thread
If you flashed just OpenATV 6.1 you will need to flash BaseBuild onto your box and start from there. The link was given in the above post.

OK thanks. Do I need to factory reset my box to wipe it clean or can I just download the build insert the USB and flash as I would have when I first got my h2h

Back