Wooshbuild Support Thread

newcamd.list or CCcam.cfg depending on your line type.

If you are upgrading though, just make a settings backup and use wb config to reflash WB

It's newcamd. I've got my line saved as newcamd and that's it. It is a list file but does not say .list at the end will that still work.

I was using WB6 but flashed to 6.1 on Sunday and now want wb7. So going to flash from basebuild as per your support page

Ok let’s try this. Thanks so much.
Wooshman. Just want to say thanks for your help yesterday. I have now resolved all issues. Someone put on here about the press the blue button and restore your setting and then everything went back to normal. A fifteen minute job took three hours but I got there eventually. Thanks.

It's newcamd. I've got my line saved as newcamd and that's it. It is a list file but does not say .list at the end will that still work.

I was using WB6 but flashed to 6.1 on Sunday and now want wb7. So going to flash from basebuild as per your support page
Just remembered that when I first installed I ftp the same file so it should work

" Hi, can i install BaseBuild-WB7-H2H without an Ethernet internet connection?
I use a wifi dongle and tether off my phone you see.

Thanks in advance. "

Guess that's a no then?

Think you can only install the dongle once it's flashed so for initial setup, pretty sure an ethernet connection is needed...

If your phone is connected to your box by wifi i can't see a problem

Hi Dave,
Yeah currently on my vix install the setup works fine.
However it appears Wooshbuilder requires an internet connection during installation to download, surely it won't know my WiFi password, given its a fresh install?

Can Wooshbuild install from what's on the USB stick alone?

If the box has internet connection all the time from your phone it should work fine

As Ste says, I don't think the Wifi dongle will work during the installation process.

Question:
Isn't a fully functional image already on the USB stick? That could be installed without a net connection?

As Ste says, I don't think the Wifi dongle will work during the installation process.

Question:
Isn't a fully functional image already on the USB stick? That could be installed without a net connection?

I don't think it's the full build on the USB stick, it's just the basebuild, the main build / swap file is downloaded during flashing

hiy wooshbuild,is there a new image for my et8500,to fix the sound issues its on vix at the mo,it came with this already on,kind regards eddiemanc

I don't think it's the full build on the USB stick, it's just the basebuild, the main build / swap file is downloaded during flashing

That's a shame, given that the download/setup files are of similar size to the actual base image, I had hoped it'd all be included in the initial bundle.
Thought that maybe the internet was just needed to check if the version was current, rather than having to download crucial install files.

If you had one of these it would work

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vonets-V...566211&hash=item43da80ec6c:g:JT0AAOSwfZhXNA~R

You need internet connection to install Wooshbuild

As it would appear. I may have a similar bridge/router knocking about (are at least a DD-WRT mod), capable of doing the job.

Thanks for the input guys :)

If your line isn't safe until you have a backup you need to find a USB you can put in the box which works before doing anything else. To just backup press the blue button and then backup settings. You should have a copy of your line away from your box though at all times. We are not responsible for a loss of line or IPTV.

WB Config will update to 7 for you and does sound like your USB isn't happy.

Check the mount is set to media/hdd before you try anything else and change it if needed:

From full screen TV:
Red button -> Plugins -> Mount Manager
If the mount is not media/hdd
press the green button and then use the left arrow until media/hdd is selected. Then press the green button to save settings. Your box will restart.
you need to go to red button mount manager and mount the usb to media/hdd then go to menu /setup/epg /scroll to settings and change the top one to media/hdd from internal then you will find it will save backup and also flash my sons was same this sorted it hpe this helps

Guys after updating to wooshbuild 7 on H2s I am now having to restart cam manually after any box restart, is anybody else having same probs or know of a fix?
Thanks

Hi,
Just updated to latest Wooshbuild 7,everything seemed fine until entered a paid channel,nothing,restored all settings,still no joy,ran dream explorer ,line was there,ran softcam, refresh,restart network,no joy,only way was to re-input via USB importer line details to get channels working again.Also lost Xtream plugin.Backed up settings then noticed new software updates ran these,after reboot guess what back to square one, paid channels not working again.

That's a shame, given that the download/setup files are of similar size to the actual base image, I had hoped it'd all be included in the initial bundle.
Thought that maybe the internet was just needed to check if the version was current, rather than having to download crucial install files.

As it would appear. I may have a similar bridge/router knocking about (are at least a DD-WRT mod), capable of doing the job.

Thanks for the input guys :)
When BaseBuild is running on your box, press and hold the blue button. You can then go into network settings and sort your wireless connection out before moving on.

Hi,
Just updated to latest Wooshbuild 7,everything seemed fine until entered a paid channel,nothing,restored all settings,still no joy,ran dream explorer ,line was there,ran softcam, refresh,restart network,no joy,only way was to re-input via USB importer line details to get channels working again.Also lost Xtream plugin.Backed up settings then noticed new software updates ran these,after reboot guess what back to square one, paid channels not working again.

First thing I want to ask is why would your still have a the xtream plugin on your box after you have flashed it? It is a plugin not a setting (a flash completely destroying any previous data on the box will also get rid of plugins too.

You say you went to a paid channel and then you restored your settings, was this the second time you restored or just the first as you thought it would do it for you?

You don't say what box you are using or what cam was previously running.
You make it sound like it is a huge problem to run the USB cam importer to sort your line out. Granted it is a piss off but takes what, 1 minute?

So the question is does it keep the line running when you restart or shutdown the box or does it go again? If it continues to run then it is doing what it should.

Back