Wooshbuild thread

andy828

I asked this question in wooshbuild thread but it seems like somethings happened to it again. its only showing 20 posts on my side.

Just about to ask this question ive created a backup of my image and installed on my mates box (thanks for the info) ive intialised his hardrive but cant find how to setup the swap file

---------- Post Merged at 07:18 PM ----------

Also just tried rewinding a live channel and its not working but it records fine. It works on my box so dont get why?

The wooshbuild questions thread get pruned every week or so to keep it readable so that's why its only showing 21 posts now

To setup the swap file its menu - info panel - plugins - swap manager
Once you initialized the hard drive did you reboot the box to let it setup the time shift settings so he can pause?

Last edited:
The thread will have been culled again Andy and am sorry your question was missed

To create a swap file:

Red button -> Plugins -> Swapmanager -> Then Create, select drive, 256mb and OK button.
When this has done, red button to activate, yellow button to start.

As for not being able to rewind, please have a look at the devices and how they are mounted. Q29 of the FAQs explains how. Basically you need the usb device to be seen as /media/hdd and if it isn't you need to change it. If it is already media/hdd you will need to manually setup timeshift.

Menu -> Setup -> Recording & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings. Now for the timeshift location you need to navgate to the USB and highlight the timeshift folder and then save.

Note to myself.... MUST TYPE FASTER

Are you better just letting people post in the 2s and h2s sub forum, if you main thread gets cleared so often
just start it with woosh or something

A lost post only happens on a rare occasion. It is cleared up as nearly every question has been answered before or is in the FAQs. The previous WooshBuild thread had over 150 pages and people were just posting on the last page without reading the 149 previous pages... I don't blame them, but it was to large. At least with a clean up, only relevant questions can remain.

Back