Wooshbuild v5 and v6 user guide

More updates added. Keep the feedback coming. As mentioned above this guide is for complete novices. People on here probably won't need it but it may be useful for sellers or people who give them to family and may stop some of the repeated questions on the support thread.

This is an excellent guide for anything running OpenATV forget WooshBuild in the title. Granted CrossEPG or AB E2 might not be there, but everything else will be the same.

Brilliant, a lot of hard work and time spent. When complete should be a sticky and also in the downloads section.

Last edited:
Great job.

It may be useful to explain how to delete an upcoming recording (from Series Link) due to a clash where 3 recordings will overlap. Ideally explain how you would delete just the one clashing instance of the recording, and not all future recordings. I'm asking for this as I struggle with doing this.

Great job.

It may be useful to explain how to delete an upcoming recording (from Series Link) due to a clash where 3 recordings will overlap. Ideally explain how you would delete just the one clashing instance of the recording, and not all future recordings. I'm asking for this as I struggle with doing this.

Press menu, then timers, then you will see 4 options. To delete a series link click on auto timers and search for the one you want to delete and press yellow button then green button to save.

Press menu, then timers, then you will see 4 options. To delete a series link click on auto timers and search for the one you want to delete and press yellow button then green button to save.
That seems to remove the program from the autotimers; so it will also cancel all future recordings. Is it possible to just delete one of the upcoming recordings due to a clash, but keep all other future recordings of the program?

More updates added. Keep the feedback coming. As mentioned above this guide is for complete novices. People on here probably won't need it but it may be useful for sellers or people who give them to family and may stop some of the repeated questions on the support thread.
Well done Fox man and thanks a lot for your kind efforts
You've done a brilliant job and it's looking really professional
This guide will be a fantastic help
Thanks very much pal

Well done mate could you help me out on something regarding new external drive i am getting one and i am very confused with the different information, i have read your guide and understand but some people are saying when you add a new hard drive you have to also make a swap file ? Is this true or have i totally got this wrong i am new to this sorry if this sounds stupid, i have wooshbuild v5 and a zgemma h5s.

Well done mate could you help me out on something regarding new external drive i am getting one and i am very confused with the different information, i have read your guide and understand but some people are saying when you add a new hard drive you have to also make a swap file ? Is this true or have i totally got this wrong i am new to this sorry if this sounds stupid, i have wooshbuild v5 and a zgemma h5s.

No, just follow my instructions as per the guide and it does all the swap file stuff for you. Another update to follow later tonight.

That seems to remove the program from the autotimers; so it will also cancel all future recordings. Is it possible to just delete one of the upcoming recordings due to a clash, but keep all other future recordings of the program?
How are you identifying the timers that clash?

Auto Timers holds all the series link information. If you go in to the timers menu instead it lists all the upcoming shows to record (usually that day or the next). You can delete anything that will clash without effecting the auto timer. Basically Auto timer scans the epg for the shows you want to record. When if finds one it moves it to the Timers menu. If you find a clash then the timers menu is where you want to be to delete things.

I have used a 250gb hdd powered from the Zgemma for the last 12 months without any problems. An externally powered hdd would obviously reduce the power demand on the Zgemma if you are concerned.

Back