Wooshbuild v5 and v6 user guide

Guys what will i gain please from V5 to V6??? is the H2.4S still upto it hardware wise please??? Just wondering from a "aint broke" perspective

sorry what is the h2.4s? do you mean H2s ?

If your box is working fine then it's not going to stop if you keep with V5 but you may find if you try to do software updates you will get a 'your box is old and decrepid and these software updates may stop it from working' message (can't remember wording exactly). If you are not one that does software updates and its working well then keep as is until an update is actually needed.

sorry what is the h2.4s? do you mean H2s ?

If your box is working fine then it's not going to stop if you keep with V5 but you may find if you try to do software updates you will get a 'your box is old and decrepid and these software updates may stop it from working' message (can't remember wording exactly). If you are not one that does software updates and its working well then keep as is until an update is actually needed.
Lol sorry no idea why it typed 2.4s yup i will keep it as...Cheers

Put 6 on another box and get pause and record back on IPTV result!!! thats one bonus though not keen on skins

Great guide thank you.

As a new user, can I suggest a couple of extra bits.

1. What / where the Line is, how to add it etc. I bought a box with this pre-included and worry that an update will delete it.
2. How to perform a full box update. I tried following the update section and it said my image was out of date. I would like to update the entire box but fear I would lose #1 above.

This is on a Zegema H5.2S with a half working gift that I am going to replace once it is working again.

Thanks again.

Would anyone be interested if I did a very simple user guide for v5? I know a lot of people set them up for family or customers and end up getting a lot of repeat questions. It would just include some very basic things like how to record, what to do if there is no epg data, how to mount an hdd etc and would be aimed at a complete novice or someone new to ZGemma and Whooshbuild. Probably the sort of person who isn't very technically minded and wouldn't know about this forum. People could just print it off and include it with the box.
If you did do your guide I would really appreciate a copy of it please

Hello all. I see the digibit app on whooshbuild as support for pia vpn. How do I update the app to support the newest addition as I already have pia as a vpn. Thanks

this guide is incomplete there is no page 23 which is the one i needed to show how to use cam importer

I don't use this build but from memory if you have a nline then create a notepad file called newcamd.list and copy and paste the Nline details in and if using mgcam remove the N and use CWS = line details.....save the file as all files on your desktop. Now place that file on a formatted to fat 32 usb stick and place in the box.....green for plugins....ok on cams transfer plugin...and follow the guide on screen

if you click on the download link in the wb download thread there is a build listed for the H1 but I believe you need to manually install ABM. alternatively the Mikey B build in the download section is for the H1

Great guide fair play for putting it together, very helpful! Another novice question, the part of this guide for updating the epg via crossepg are those settings used for iptv or is this guide for the old card sharing via satellite dish? Or is there any difference? As I have iptv and want to make sure I’m not messing anything up before I change. Thanks

Great guide fair play for putting it together, very helpful! Another novice question, the part of this guide for updating the epg via crossepg are those settings used for iptv or is this guide for the old card sharing via satellite dish? Or is there any difference? As I have iptv and want to make sure I’m not messing anything up before I change. Thanks

This guide is geared toward a satellite setup and CrossEPG is mainly used within such a setup. Some IPTV providers use their own method to update the EPG but many use "EPGimporter".

Back