Wooshbuild Support Thread

hi i download latest wooshbuild a few days ago for the h2h all installed fine but when I goto system ,software updates there are over 190 updates and when I update box gets stuck in boot. tried reflash thru wb-config still the same issue any ideas thanks

any ideas why all the software updates and how to sort thanks

Hi all

So installing woosbuild on my zgemma just need some advice on what to do with the hdd which has recordings and I'm assuming set files from the current build?

Many thanks

If you don't want to lose your recordings, just make sure during the installation process, that you do NOT initialise the HDD when there is an option to do so.

any ideas why all the software updates and how to sort thanks
The image must be outdated. Not much you can do but as you have found out trying to do 190 updates in one go is never going to end well. You can either use it as it is or look in the h2h forum for dsayers build for the h2h that uses one set of bouquets for what is left of sky and virgin or bioheads h2h build if your only using virgin and not sky too

I will flash the H2H image and see if I can update it quickly.

If you go for another image I would suggest @dsayers2014 H2H as the bugger is like us and always making improvements and works hard.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I can't do it quickly, but will sort an updated version asap.

Last edited:
Been using Whooshbuild for ages and still on V4. I want to upgrade to V5 but also want to reset my bouquets back to the original build as many have been added over time. Would the best way to be to reset the ZGemma and start again or can I just flash the box and rebuild over the old image using initial setup instructions??

Do not ever use the factory reset option on these boxes as it basicly don't work.
Grab the latest base build from WWW.wooshbuild.co.UK
Just make sure you have your line backed up first for the channels that still work

How can I download v5 wooshbuild can not get wifi to work on v6 it worked fine on v5 thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you don't want to lose your recordings, just make sure during the installation process, that you do NOT initialise the HDD when there is an option to do so.

Ok so my recordings will be safe and my hdd will work as normal or do I need to change any settings?

Hi Guys, my first post so here goes...

I can't get my line added onto my first ever box, the H5.2S, it just doesnt seem to work. I've searched this thread and can't see the fix. So far I have:

Tried different 8gb USB sticks, formatted them on my PC, then downloaded the latest WB softwar. inserted to the front, and powered on. This has re-Flashed V6 and next I ran the updates, followed by Cross EPG. Each time I ran the USB Cam Importer (v2.0.3) it found the file, which I then selected. I then ran SoftCam Setup/Panel....but moving left to right it was not there!!

I then learnt about uploading it directly via FTP to /usr/keys, which I did, but still it was not there.

I dont know what else to do.... I did read something about downloadable plugins, is this the way forward? the light at the end of the tunnel? - or perhaps it is the taxman waving a torch...

Last edited:
got the latest build and ran it on my Vu solo 2 and after flashing I get a black screen no picture at all. I can change channels and see them on the box and also run through the menus but with no picture on the screen. Upon start up I can see the wooshbuild black hole fine.
Any ideas please ?

I will flash the H2H image and see if I can update it quickly.

If you go for another image I would suggest @dsayers2014 H2H as the bugger is like us and always making improvements and works hard.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: I can't do it quickly, but will sort an updated version asap.
ok keep us informed m8 and cheers for your work

Hi Guys
If I update to v6 via the wooshbuild up date on the box will I have to re enter my line or will it do it automatically during the update?

Back