World Cup 2014 Discussions

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi All,

Couldn't see a thread on the World Cup 2014 - if there is then obviously i didn't look hard enough.

What a start to the World Cup - the host scrape through to a 3-1 win. Awful referee and awful goalkeeper for Croatia.

But wow 5-1 to Holland - Spain got annihilated and humiliated. What a fantastic match, breathtaking goals as well.

The World Cup has truly kicked off in style and we haven't even seen England play yet lol

So let's natter away for a month or so :)

Go!

Thanks
j4v3d

It's a shame Van Persie didn't play like that for Man U last season. Great header for the first goal! Hope England up the tempo tomorrow. :beg:

It's a shame Van Persie didn't play like that for Man U last season. Great header for the first goal! Hope England up the tempo tomorrow. :beg:

Moyes didnt exactly get on with him though - come next season RVP will be firing on all cylinders.

Looking forward to ENGLAND tomorrow :)

RVP did play like that for UTD last year, the problem is no-one decided that - "guess what, there are 11 of us, lets play as a team"

:mancity:

As for the world cup, someone told me they got 16-1 for England to get to the quarter finals, anyone finds that, let me know, that's a great bet.

Can't find that mate, I can find 16/5 for England to get knocked out in the quarters. Paddy Power.

Also, for tonight, Paddy Power have Italy at 15/8 to win, England 9/5 to win.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but thst means if you put €8 on each, as long as there is a winning team, you win.
8 @ 15/8 = 23.
8 @ 9/5 = 24.20 (including the return of your stake)

Am I right?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
SCORE - small win after backing both teams. Bet 16, return 23.
Mind you, the £1 bet of rooney to score first and England to win 3-0 @ 30/1 would have been nicer.

Argentina to win 3-1, and Sergio to score first 30/1, Lionel to score first 22/1 - decisions, decisions, decisions? ??

Looking forward to a grudge match with Ghana today.

Go USA.

Nothing like playing the same team that has eliminated USA in the last two World Cups. :hop mad:
usaflag1

I have USA as part of an accumulater bet, so I'm right with you 7th. GO USA!!

Well England are out before even completing their group games. Disappointing.

France absolutely battered Switzerland tonight, This world cup is awesome - drama in every game, spectacular goals and shocks along the way!

I wasn't too happy to see USA go down, but damn that was a good game to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a brave show by the USA, and it is about time that the UK stopped taking the pish with it's "soccerball" etc. Jibes. The USA is fast becoming one of the World Cup's permanent fixtures. They are improving year on year, the game has been growing from grass roots level for many years and may now be just about to take advantage.
The MLS is not a world class league just yet, but the "foreign" managers and players it attracts can only inspire improvement.
For me, the team to watch is New York City as there is a reciprocal arrangement between them and Manchester City.

Well done USA, maybe now the world will sit up and take notice.:thumbup::cool:

Does this make the USA better than England now? LOL

What a game we had tonight, Holland through on penalties, Krul on Costa Rica.

Masterstroke and gamble from Van Gaal to bring on Tim Krul. Extraordinary finish to the game.

Neymar out the world cup and there goes any chance of Brazil winning it.

Germany vs Holland in the final.

Why is it England Football fans think England have a devine right to be winners?
The US performed a hell of a lot better than England in this world cup, and if the game keeps expanding the way it has been, they can become a force to be reckoned with.

Why is it England Football fans think England have a devine right to be winners?
The US performed a hell of a lot better than England in this world cup, and if the game keeps expanding the way it has been, they can become a force to be reckoned with.

I enjoyed the USA play, showed desire, commitment, team spirit and played for their nation.

On to today!

Schurrle not. Germany in Kroos control. Brazil Mullered. Wasn't even a Klose contest.

10297631_842216182463912_1120870892004505434_n.jpg

Germany 7-1 Brazil

Back