Would you buy a clone VU

skelfbsfb

Im looking to upgrade from my cloud ibox 2plus to a vu solo 2 problem is I cannot afford a genuine but have been looking at a clone. Just looking for advice before I part with my money.

The clone going to set you back about 2 hundred notes and can have overheating and sometimes bad solder joints to the main board. Have a look at the Miraclebox Premium Twin HD 2 yr guarantee on these boxes. running linux software.

As leader says Miraclebox Box have a look at World of sat they only deal in real boxes they do a miracle mini box £149 have a look at the Gigablue range as well

Last edited:
if you on a budget w o s do a VU+ Solo Single Tuner DVB-S2 HD Enigma2 Linux Satellite Receiver £155

one of the reasons people buy a twin tuner is record features,yes solo2 original or the cheaper duo slower but does the job,the amount of people putting original images on clone boxes makes me laugh look at the thousands of boxes went down months ago re driver issue and leaving them with a headache,single tuner box max digital 1000hd had higher spec than the solo now added octagon sf8 newer model.quality is not cheap but works.

as i said above solo2 or duo older box original all from wos both are sat only but if you want both miraclebox.cable and sat.

yes but if you go for cable and sat it might be record cable watch sat or same tp of recording channel to view.

I bought an X-Duo. I didn't know at the time of buying it was a clone of the Vu-Duo.

I've had no problems at all with it.

I wouldn't have a clue how to be honest so am just leaving it as is.

It's going on eBay anyway soon since I miss HD. And can't actually get to grips with the auto timer and am a bit sick of missing stuff due to it not recording. Yes I know it's because I've set it up wrong but for some reason I just can't get it to work properly.

Last edited:
I understand what you mean matey. Not the easiest box to setup am afraid. Once sorted they do work ok.

Back