XBMC - Box or should i get new gift for skybox f5s

hanxslf

The title says it all really, Should I renew with a reputable seller and get a new ccline or nline for my Skybox F5S. My old line has gone down so i need a new one, OR should i go down the XBMC box route, which is best the linux or android boxes , One other thing i would like to know is what is the picture quality like on these is it any good, I have fiber broadband (fttc) my TV is LG 55'' smart tv 3d with full HD. I have a budget of around £80 - 100. for a xbmc unit, Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

i have iptv with mag250 box which also comes with VOD (video on demand) so movies and tv shows to.

How much are you paying per month ? All the servers I have seen
are about £30 ish per month for a full package.

Is the picture quality any good ?

A friend of mine was offered one for £130 with twelve months
£100 per year after that.

But the guy hasn't got back to him since he said he'd have one.

If he gets one I will have a look.

Last edited:
myself and a few mates have it so we get it for £25 but its normally £30 picture is excellent on it, was watching nbc xtra at the weekend and had match choice of the premier league games, most of his channels he has std or hd, has about 30/40 sky channels, all bein sports arab and french, nbc sports usa, sky Italy sports, sportklub sports cth stadium channels xxx in hd also. loads of channels mate.

I run xbmc (gotham 13.2) on my android stb and I don't pay anything. I have access to all sly stuff as well as all ya footy movies etc.theres plenty off add-ons that will do your movies and tv series etc.
I just updated my xbmc with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXs_m3pYGLk . and it is very good. so defo worth giving it a try.
theres also showbox just google that and installs easily on android
another I use is mobdro, again google is your friend and these are all free, bollox to be paying 20/30 quid a month.
I also have a mag250 gathering dust because of these silly sub prices

yeh i had this running with the midnight mx2 android box but i found it just a nightmare with links not working, how is it for you?

yeh i had this running with the midnight mx2 android box but i found it just a nightmare with links not working, how is it for you?
seems ok to me yeah it can have dead links but its the nature of the beast and its free so I cant complain. having said that theres plenty of choice now especially with the other apps I mentioned.well impressed with the live tv now on xbmc , I watched the Newcastle game last weekend on it in glorious hd live from the states and it never missed a beat. but its still pays your money takes your chance tho hehe !!. dunno bout mx 2 but mine is quad cored with ddr3 ram Chinese special and works pretty alright

got xbmc on the laptop might have another look, but to be honest dont mind paying the 25 knowing it gets looked after and not loads of people jumping on it for free cause i assume eventually it will get overloaded.

got xbmc on the laptop might have another look, but to be honest dont mind paying the 25 knowing it gets looked after and not loads of people jumping on it for free cause i assume eventually it will get overloaded.
yeah waldo with that sort of money it will defo keep it fairly low consumer friendly and gliche free . !!

I use iptv on mag 254 and its decent most of the hd is good to, all the sports are hd channels and mainly english commentary this cost me £100 for a full package for 6 months so just short of £16 a month but has full sly, tons of sports all epl games and vod, I know xbmc is free but for me is to much messing so this suits me:)

Back