1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenforo change over thread + how to use the forum

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions.' started by admin, Mar 2, 2017.

1. the reaper

the reaper VIP Member Forum Supporter

Getting used to it now the dark skin back--thanks HiTeck.
    Now I can spot the spelling errors LOL

Site Fucntions

Reaper.

HiTeck and bangord30 like this.
  2. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

HT with the enigma2 essentials section can we have a plugins section please?

3. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran Forum Supporter

I've noticed that you can now add tags to threads (maybe I didn't see this before)
    If anyone has any decent threads with instructions, setups help etc .
    Then maybe look at tagging the thread, the new search will hopefully pick this up

HiTeck likes this.
  4. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

I'm sure it was on before m8. You can also do it when uploading to the download section

5. dangerous

Yey, found the tags on the download section.
    Maybe just me missed it on the old site but it seems more evident now

6. HiTeck

HiTeck Administrator Staff Member

Download section or Forum. Link me to it please.

Both correct, before we had an autofill modification that often filled in useless tags from threads without you needing to. It is much more prominent with this software and I encourage everyone to use it.
    Go back and add them to your stickies/threads/downloads/media via edit, keywords will get each topic, much more traffic.
    Before long it will be required in certain threads. Its Brilliant for SEO.

dsayers2014 likes this.
  7. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

Sorry I'm not sure what you mean I meant within the enigma2 essentials section could we have a plugins section. I have updated a plugin and posted about it in the zgemma H2.H section but it's suitable for most enigma2 boxes with both sat and cable and most images. So with it in the h2h section other users may not see it if it was in a plugin section along with other plugins all over the forum more users are likely to see and use them.

8. HiTeck

Added, start a conversation with me if you want plugin categories and i'll be happy to add them. http://www.techkings.org/forums/enigma-2-plugins.478/

dsayers2014 likes this.
  9. channelking

channelking TK Veteran

Big thumps up HT and others who behind the scenes have made the new site what it is.

Still getting used to the new features not sure if will use half of them lol.

Love the new site. IMO the skin is much better than the old site as well.

Keep up the good work HT.

HiTeck and ianw314 like this.
  10. HiTeck

Thank you.
    I honestly prefer members to report their issues when adding anything to TK.
    If we frown upon it, how does it make it easy for members to contribute when posting permissions are getting in their way, SO I like this thread and will see every post.
    We paid a lot of money, buying and moving to this software and some of the permissions have messed up, the site is big and this happens. I can live with the edit's in all honesty because this software works and is worth it.

We are getting there now, but any issues, POST about it please so I can advise, or fix it.

channelking, benijofar and bangord30 like this.
  11. dangerous

It's all looking good visually and for usability.

HiTeck and Janso like this.
  12. j4v3d

j4v3d VIP Member

I miss the paste icon and paste as plain text - also when we enter links in i can't see the code icon. If you use the tag will it still work?
    Code:
     And i've answered my own question haha!

13. dsayers2014

dsayers2014 TK Veteran

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  14. HiTeck

There will be eventually. That was built into vbseo which is no longer used here.

dsayers2014 likes this.