Xonar DG sound card problem

chaz73

hi guys I got myself a new pc tower so ive transfered my graphics card and sound card my graphics card is working no problem my Xonar DG 5.1 PCI Sound Card I cant get to work Ive loaded the driver from the disc I also loaded the driver from there site on the play back device its showing its working ok I just cant get sound to come out to my receiver ive checked the cable and the receiver and there ok I also went to my bios and disabled the pc spdif just incase it was conflicting with it ive got windows 7 64bit 6gb ram 3.10ghz

Hi chaz73

Do you have onboard sound on the system, if so you may need to go into the BIOS (advanced options or the like) and disable the onboard sound.

Another thing is does the sound card show up in device manager, if so does it have any conflicts highlighted? (right click computer, select manage, click device manager).

jodav :)

Ive disabled onboard sound and checked device manager and theres no conflicting problems my be I should have said at the beging I had problems fitting the card I think I nocked of a resister on the board

Hi chaz73.

Well everything looks good if device manager is reporting no problems (pending it is listing your Xonar DG sound card and not the onboard). I know this is silly and obvious but make sure your plugged in to the PCI sound card and not the onboard sound card, you are in the sound output port which is normaly green, and the volume is up. I hope you have not damaged your card. Have you got an older card just to try out to eliminate the computer?

jodav :)

Back