Xpeed lx video settings

Fattony81

Hi

I got a new smart tv this week and I'm a little disappointed with the picture quality and I presume it's down to the xpeed either not processing the data or not outputting the data quickly enough?

Watching football there is a slight ghosting around the players and the ball in fact switching to sky 1 it's not crystal clear, am I expecting too much?

My av settings are as

Output 1080p
Automatic resolution -- disabled
Refresh rate -- 60hz

Thanks

Yes it's a Samsung, are they renowned for it? It's 48inch led smart tv, it has a football mode but still not what I was expecting

Hi

I got a new smart tv this week and I'm a little disappointed with the picture quality and I presume it's down to the xpeed either not processing the data or not outputting the data quickly enough?

Watching football there is a slight ghosting around the players and the ball in fact switching to sky 1 it's not crystal clear, am I expecting too much?

My av settings are as

Output 1080p
Automatic resolution -- disabled
Refresh rate -- 60hz

Thanks

Hi mate Change output to 1080i and change the refresh rate to Multi

seen many crappy tvs with comet tails and no good for fast action,curious if cheap hdmi cables have an effect on image?

I'm going to buy a shielded hdmi lead as I wondered that as well, the tv is very good, 5 star reviews etc I can't believe its that.

Do you think it would make a difference changing to 1080i as surely that's a worse setting?

no if i can setup on 10801 i will,did you try new settings as mentioned above yet? i can notice a cheap hdmi cable picture over a quality one,if you have a top quality unit you dont use cheap,bit like using a vcr on that tv lol.

It's because it is a Samsung TV,there video processing for sd pictures are crap.thats why I asked was it a Samsung TV . I I have seen the problem on lots of my customers TVs when installing satellite and aerials. I have even had to bring my 10 year old Panasonic TV as a comparison and show them that the Samsung is terrible at sd,as the customer wouldn't believe me it was his TV. It's not just Samsung but they are one of the worst, seems that most new smart TVs have inferior motion flow on sd pictures.

Got you, will change to 1080i and check, will also get a shielded hdmi lead as well, cheers guys

Hi

did you try shielded hdmi lead?

or did find and other solution to the poor SD picture on your lx box?

im having the same crappy picture quality on my lx2 box

Have seen literally 1000s of TVs im my time, Samsung TVs have terrible quality sd pictures. They are cheap for a reason, as mentioned above about old Panasonic TV provides good sd picture. Samsung TVs especially smart ones, have cheap nasty sd processors, therefore terrible sd picture quality, but good HD picture.

Would not bother with a shielded cable as the signal is digital and not subject to problems of the old analogue system and on such short cables signal loss is virtually nil.

A sheilded HDMI cable is a waste of money, its a digital signal so not subject to interferance.

As for the output settings, if your TV is 1080i make sure its set to 1080i and also try 50hz not 60hz, also change your TV option, I've found with Samsung TV's Movie is the better settings for watching SD channels

Back