Xtreme Editor settings advice

Yes, it can be changed back easy
Goto your Plugins menu, Launch Extreme Editor and you'll see the Opton you have for Gstreamer SET
Simple change that to IPTV Option and then Green "import Bouquets" & Blue "Import EPG" - SAVE
Re-try your Channels..

Just noticed in xtream editor it's set to DVB (1) yet on main box menu/information it says Gstreamer 1.13.0 (GIT), whats all that about ?

And every time I restart the box it loses all bouquets and EPG too even though I have defo pressed save in Xtream editor, is that just the way Xtream editor is yeah ? pain in the azz if it is ?

have you removed isp service blockers,if you let me know your isp provider i will tell you how to do it.

Just noticed in xtream editor it's set to DVB (1) yet on main box menu/information it says Gstreamer 1.13.0 (GIT), whats all that about ?

And every time I restart the box it loses all bouquets and EPG too even though I have defo pressed save in Xtream editor, is that just the way Xtream editor is yeah ? pain in the azz if it is ?

OK @mbull , Xtream editor is now set to IPTV (4097), imported bouquets again and then EPG and saved.

Can someone tell me this, how the heck do I know if Xtream editor is saving my picons to the correct folder, when I was using crossEPG it was set to save epg to my USB stick which was called the name of the USB stick, but in Extream editor you only have 4 options for /media/usb - /usr/share/enigma2 - /hdd - / none of which relate to my USB stick brand name, I am not sure, what a heck of a lot of craziness, lol

Last edited:
if it set to media usb it should be going to your usb stick the same will apply for your epg you can check using filezilla

Last edited:
have you removed isp service blockers,if you let me know your isp provider i will tell you how to do it.

Yes mate, that was all done away back ages ago when I first switched to IPTV, it's talktalk FTTC anyway, from what I remember those router settings are just basically to turn off Anti Virus protection etc anyway on the talktalk HG635 router, correct ??

That's the best router they have, usually only companies that get that one, much better router than the rest they supply, in fact it's perfect, can't really beat like a 14ms ping and approx 76Mbps from an 80Mb download connection speed eh.

if it set to media usb it should be going to your usb stick the same will apply for your epg you can check using filezilla

What are those files I look for in there again to check exactly where the epg and picons are being saved to as I am trying to remember back 5 months ago and it's went out of my head now a bit, am I not right in saying though if it's not set correctly that it will default to using the box memory and these little boxes have hardly any that, lol

if they are on your usb it will be media/usb. Are your channels ok now. it is ok for you picons to go to the internal memory.

if they are on your usb it will be media/usb. Are your channels ok now. it is ok for you picons to go to the internal memory.

I know but if you have a USB stick then its better to have your EPG and Picons saving to that, that's the way I have always been told to do away back since the old days, especially with small memory boxes like the Zgemma i55 (only does IPTV).

I know but if you have a USB stick then its better to have your EPG and Picons saving to that, that's the way I have always been told to do away back since the old days, especially with small memory boxes like the Zgemma i55 (only does IPTV).
picons have always been ok to store on internal memory from the old days. It is just most people put them on the usb

with this poxy Xtream editor it doesn't even tell you where it's saving the EPG to at all and I'm am still not convinced it's saving the picons to the USB stick either, I know that in crossEPG it stated the name of my USB stick (Kingston Data Traveller) and also stated it was saving to my USB but with CrossEPG if I remember right it said my stuff was being saved to my USB which it seemed to call /hdd, I can't remember how the hell I checked that though but I know I did check lots of times, just completely forgot now, there is also a plugin too that can tell you but I can't remember what that was called, need to have a look for it but even if I do find that plugin or use filezilla I can't remember the names of the files to check where my EPG and Picons are being saved to :confused: lol, fookin memory like a teabag, lol

If you have set things to save to your usb it will do it. if it was not saving data to your usb you would have problems within 2 or three days. Your epg just would not update

Last edited:
If you have set things to save to your usb it will do it. if it was not saving data to your usb you would have problems within 2 or three days.

When I go into the main EPG settings it says EPG location is /media/hdd (only other option is the box memory) but in Xtream editor it doesn't even allow you to select any option where to save the EPG to at all which is strange and kinda rubbish eh.

As for the options for saving picons in Xtream editor, that only gives these options /media/usb and /usr/share/enigma2 and /hdd and / none of which even relate to /media/hdd like it says in my main EPG settings, I only have the one USB stick plugged in as I don't require two, this one is 32GB, way more than enough even for recording movies using IPTV player etc like I have done loads of times, I just wish the damned options in Xtream editor had an option for saving the picons that said /media/hdd like the epg settings does on the main EPG settings and that is my USB stick, I'm thinking maybe the /hdd option may be the better option to pick, hard to say when I can't remember the name of those files to check where things are being stored to though. :confused:

you can go into xstream and highlight the picon location and hit the right arrow button to tell it where to store your picons. For your epg settings hit setup/epg/settings and on the top row it shoub be /media/hdd or media/usb

you can go into xstream and highlight the picon location and hit the right arrow button to tell it where to store your picons. For your epg settings hit setup/epg/settings and on the top row it shoub be /media/hdd or media/usb

Yeah @mike123 , in my main menu/setup/EPG/settings it's set as it was always set to use my USB stick which is the /media/hdd option, but with regards to saving the picons in Xtream Editor there is no option at all for /media/hdd which is a pain as now I am not sure if it should me set to the one of the only options it has and that's one of these /media/usb or /usr/share/enigma2 or /hdd or / although I think we can safely eliminate the /usr/share/enigma2 option as I think I am correct in saying that means save to the box memory.

It's certainly gobbling up the box memory this Xtream Editor as in cacheflush it's saying Memory 305MB - Used 76.20% and Free is stating 23.80%, with crossEPG it always stayed round about the Free memory level of about 40 - 56%, something strange is there not ?

Back