Xtreme Editor settings advice

i just changed mine my epg was already going to the usb however, as i suspected sending the picons to usb did not free up much space. anyway are your channels ok now

@dsayers2014 , how do we know exactly what path Xtream Editor is saving the EPG into mate as there is no way of checking that I can see ?

Or, does it only matter what it says in my main menu/setup/EPG/settings for EPG which is set to /media/hdd as it's always been, I.E - my USB stick, I am not sure at all ?

The epg will go where you have told it to in your eog settings. ave you mounted your usb stick? i have also told you how you can check by opening filezilla to media/usb and you will see a epg data file

Last edited:
i just changed mine my epg was already going to the usb however, as i suspected sending the picons to usb did not free up much space. anyway are your channels ok now

Channels appear to be perfecto again now but I am not going to hold my breath, lol

well i only have one epg set up that is the one in exstream editor and if i delete the epg data file and run a import epg on xstram editor it comes back

lol, how'd you know though as xtream editor doesnt say, or does it somewhere ? @mike123
something is guzzling a lot of memory, look in Cacheflush if you have that plugin installed, I dont even know what box you have but if its the zgemma i55 you need cacheflush plugin/extension as the memory is very small, plus you need to make sure you have a swapfile set up and active at 256MB too. I guess you already know all that anyway.

well i only have one epg set up that is the one in exstream editor and if i delete the epg data file and run a import epg on xstram editor it comes back

Ok mike123 , what is that file as I want to delete it too because a lot of memory is being used up and I think it might still have a bunch of stuff saved in it from CrossEPG, I can't remember the name of that file or where to find it though on filezilla ?

i have a zgemma i55 no cache flush

should install cacheflush mate and set it, really easy, its in plugins or extensions, just make sure it's set proper and it will flush the memory (not erase it) and give your box a little help, you should also have a 256MB swapfile set up too if you don't have one.

Ok @mike123 , what is that file as I want to delete it too because a lot of memory is being used up and I think it might still have a bunch of stuff saved in it from CrossEPG, I can't remember the name of that file or where to find it though on filezilla ?

they are just epg data files you will need filezilla to get to them. i would disable crosspeg epg if i were you

they are just epg data files you will need filezilla to get to them. i would disable crosspeg epg if i were you

I disabled crossepg and also deleted it but it's that file that holds the epg data I need to know where to find it and what its called etc using filezilla, I know how to use filezilla and so on, just can't remember where to find that daft file though, could you or anyone else tell me please thanks ?

The epg data file is in media/usb or media/hdd it will be pretty obvious you should alsio see your picons folder

Jezuz, What's with all the posts lol
OK, so not looking at the EPG and PICONS
Are you working now and the solution i passed onto you 10 pages back work?

LOL @mbull , sorry mate yeah, just sorting and making sure.

Sure as can be after a look in filezilla I found that the picons are being saved to media/usb (I thought it was /hdd but hey ho it's not) and just to confirm that the epg data is defo being saved to /hdd (so thats both into the usb stick) don't know why they just don't call things by the correct name and make things a lot easier though.

And the reason why about 30MB of memory was being taken up as cacheflush reported and was unusual, I was right enough, even though I deleted CrossEPG it left a file behind in filezilla which I deleted and boom, the space increased again after that in cacheflush.

Apart from that, does everyone have the same problem with Xtream editor in that if you restart the box from the menu you then have to import the bouquets and epg again every time you restart it even though you have saved the stuff in Xtream editor ?

Back