ET 8000 HD xtrend 8000 -changing ccam line detail

patrickS

So i have been let down by my server. My service stopped stopped just before christmas and despite new info from my provider I have not been able to change the ccam line detail on my trend 8000 so no sly channels are available. Have contacted provider for help but no response received so far. very disappointed. A forum user here tried to help with a test line and help to change the line detail using FTP but to no avail. So I'm turning to the wide experience and expertise of the users here to help so that I can start to receive service with sly channels again. FTP didn't work, maybe I'm doing something wrong (easily done as I'm not technically minded). Just wondered if there was an easier way using some sort of cable. Thanks in advance

So i have been let down by my server. My service stopped stopped just before christmas and despite new info from my provider I have not been able to change the ccam line detail on my trend 8000 so no sly channels are available. Have contacted provider for help but no response received so far. very disappointed. A forum tried to help with a test line and help to change the line detail using FTP but to no avail. So I'm turning to the wide experience and expertise of the users here to help so that I can start to receive service with sly channels again. FTP didn't work, maybe I'm doing something wrong (easily done as I'm not technically minded). Just wondered if there was an easier way using some sort of cable. Thanks in advance

FTP is easiest, which line are you using N or C? Which build do you have on the box?

thanks for the fast reply. actually i'm not totally sure i understand the difference between n or c line. the info from my provider suggest it's a n line as that's what it starts with. also not sure i understand which build i have on the box. vix??

hi thanks for the reply. need more info please. i used ftp client(as suggested) and fed info into to newcamd.list and mg_cfg but didn't work. not sure how/what to do the mg_cfg file to var keys thingy, please elaborate. the the thing is i think i'm connected to my box but am not totally sure

Last edited:
hi thanks for the reply. need more info please. i used ftp client(as suggested) and fed info into to newcamd.list and mg_cfg but didn't work. the thing is i think i'm connected to my box but am not totally sure

If using mgcam, try changing the line form N: = LINE to CWS = line
then save it and restart mgcam in softcams

when box boots up you may see openvix that is an image,menu-system info should show how old the image is on box = build.

nline would normally use mgcamd 1.38
cline would use cccam 2.30

If you pm me your line details and what your server sent you will try and do it for you and sort it for you

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 PM ----------

If you pm me your line details and what your server sent you will try and do it for you and sort it for you

---------- Post Merged at 09:45 PM ----------

Hi all, am having trouble setting a new line up on extrend ets8000 aswell, would it be possible someone could help, I have new line details but just cant make it work, I may have cocked up as never said which box i had as didnt realise it would make a difference, Ive already got one off him for open box which has been fine.

Back