ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend 8500

majdy

Any one tell me how to connect Xtrend 8500 to a computer because the 8500 hasn't got RS 232 port
I'm a bit confused.

Best regards.

Any one tell me how to connect Xtrend 8500 to a computer because the 8500 hasn't got RS 232 port
I'm a bit confused.

Best regards.

Why would you need to connect it to a P.C? Has something happend to the box?

by using the Ethernet cable and broadband router. need to use a program like filezilla or create a local network with you pc.

Maff, Leader and alcable.
Thanks to you all.
Just want to get the channels and satellites file on my pc and then get rid of some channels and satellites , then put lt back on the et8500 .
By the way I'm not quite sure how to go about it .

Thanks all.

I'm using vix.
I want to delete some channels and satellites from my receiver.

---------- Post Merged at 11:04 PM ----------

Why these open* images so user unfriendly
Why don't they make them like the Chinese boxes software where you can select all the channels, move channel, delete channel. Do so many things from your own remote control .
I miss my old Chinese f5 box .

Last edited:
why because chinese built is crap cheap and dont last ,xtrend are top rated in germany and equal to vu and run better images with more things working.

why because chinese built is crap cheap and dont last ,xtrend are top rated in germany and equal to vu and run better images with more things working.
You right if you only using Astra 28.2E
Then you have AutoBouquetsmaker to put every thing in place.
Try using other satellites then you end up with houndeds of channels that you only need few of them.

Last edited:
madji With the Vix image you can do just that , While in the "TV Guide" - this is where you would select the channel you want to watch - highlight the channel - press the"Menu" button - and you have now options to Move / Delete etc.: Hope this helps , the software found in Chinese boxes which you seem to like are mainly rip offs of mainstreem E2 images , you will find after you have learnt your way around the Extrend (you will eventualy) what a basic box the Chinese box was compared to the Extrend running a quality image that the Vix image is. Plus the support that is available from the Vix team on the web at no cost to users. You now have a quatlity box and image , all that is left is for you to learn how to benefeit from it ,, it took me a while when I first upgraded from a Spiderbox to an Enigma box which scared the daylights out of me, I thought at the time "what have I let myself into? " but after some tepridation I managed to set it up with the help of forum members and lots of reading and downloading info.The web is your friend .(y)

Back