ET8500 QUAD TUNER Xtrend ET8500 & IPTV Player

Evenin all

I'm having trouble streaming anything from IPTV player, either from within the sources in the app, or from m3u files that i subscribe to.
I can stream flawlessly from my Zgemma H2h but can't get anything on the 8500.
I have tried with both VIX and ATV images.
Any ideas?

Ta
Kieron

May be a problem with IPTV player? Just a guess because I don't stream anything, I can download from Yify okay.

It sometimes used to just freeze up my 8500 and it would need rebooted from the rocker switch. Then be fine next update a day later! Funny thing

I had problems with IPTV player not working when I went to 4.2.20. This is on top of all the other known issues (deep standby and dvb-c recording pixellations) with the xtrend 8500.

I have gone back to v4.1.16 as its a stable release with everything working as it should be. Not an ideal situation but its staying on that release for the immediate future.

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk

I'll try 4.1.16 and see if that leps.
But, i've got it dual-booted with OpenATV and Open VIX, and it works on neither of them!!

Maybe danlou is using the version of IPTV Player that was current when 4.1.016 was released.
I would have thought that if it doesn't work with ATV or ViX it's more likely to be the player than the builds.

I think it's the player with certain receivers, it crashes a 8500 and a zgemma H5 for me but my mutant 2400HD is fine, weird....

There is a bug on the newest update of the iptv player from about 10 days ago causing it to crash or not stream,If your on an older 124,not the newer 142.17 i suggest not to online update,Delete the iptv player and go back to the older version

I'll try 4.1.16 and see if that leps.
But, i've got it dual-booted with OpenATV and Open VIX, and it works on neither of them!!

I'm using the latest IPTV Player with 4.1.16 and its working fine.
When I had ANY IPTV Player version with OpenVix > 4.2.18 , the supposed fix to all issues, then that failed. I raised it on another forum and someone came back with FFMPEg but I don't think that's the issue as IPTV Player worked on Openvix 4.2.x on Mutant HD1500 . In other words it's the Xtend 8500 and it could point to s/w introduced for driver purposes that has screwed things up since v4.2.x was released.

I've had major issues with running IPTV Player on my ET8500. It would constantly crash at the point of playing the stream. I'm guessing it had an issue with the media player.

Try as I might, I couldn't successfully install ffmpeg or Extplayer3 which the author of IPTV Player recommends.

It also always asks for me to download the uchardet file when IPTV Player starts, even when I've checked in usr/bin and it's definitely there. I've sort of solved my issues by changing the media player in the settings to internal. Not ideal, especially when it runs without problem on my Zgemma H.2S which can use any media player. I've tried the following versions 92,124 & 142.

Back