xtrend et8500 Issues

gypo

Hi all,
I've noticed the last couple of days when I switch my box off at night it's back on in the morning also the epg is not updating properly?
Anyone help please?
Thanks
G

Your epg cant update if its turned off and its set to update at night time,Just put the box into standby mode

Thanks all, yes using cross epg and it's in stand by. How do you defrag it?
Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:09 PM ----------

Do you have a link to bees guide plz? Also not any issues until the last couple of days
G

Where is the remote sensor on ET8500. If I buy one of these it will have to go behind the TV with only 2" showing at the bottom.
Not bothered about seeing the LCD screen but will it get the signal from the remote control?

Where is the remote sensor on ET8500. If I buy one of these it will have to go behind the TV with only 2" showing at the bottom.
Not bothered about seeing the LCD screen but will it get the signal from the remote control?

You can get an IR extender from eBay for about £4.
All my receivers are either in cupboards or in the loft.

I've got one of those that came with my Vu+ solo. I tried it once but it didn't seem to work very well unless I was under 3 metres away.
My chair is about 4 metres from the box. I do use a Logitech harmony remote control though, perhaps it would work better with the original remote.
I will have to try it.

Can anyone who has an Xtrend ET8500 try playing back a recording with subtitles to see if they are in sync.
They don't sync on mine, fine when watching TV just when watching a recorded program.

Back