Yet another Star 2S boot issue

cdg147

TK Supporter
Been given an s2 to look at for a mate. It seems it crashed a few days ago for no apparent reason. It had the ipab image on it . I downloaded the image and got a sandisk cruzer 8gb to work with it. Did a low level format and added image. It shows flashing and after finishing goes to boot, light turns green but stays on boot. Tried a few other images but the same. Flashed the bootloader and then flashed image again but the same. Tried different usb's with same result, some wouldn't even flash. Is it bricked or is there something i'm missing. Thanks

Been given an s2 to look at for a mate. It seems it crashed a few days ago for no apparent reason. It had the ipab image on it . I downloaded the image and got a sandisk cruzer 8gb to work with it. Did a low level format and added image. It shows flashing and after finishing goes to boot, light turns green but stays on boot. Tried a few other images but the same. Flashed the bootloader and then flashed image again but the same. Tried different usb's with same result, some wouldn't even flash. Is it bricked or is there something i'm missing. Thanks
The star 2s are old slow boxes try a basic image like open atv first then try a different image how long have you left it on boot bed ore turning power off

The star 2s are old slow boxes try a basic image like open atv first then try a different image how long have you left it on boot bed ore turning power off
Have left it on boot for around 15-20 mins. It is an old box but he said it was working fine until it crashed. It was my old one as i bought a H2s a few years ago.

Have left it on boot for around 15-20 mins. It is an old box but he said it was working fine until it crashed. It was my old one as i bought a H2s a few years ago.
Try open atv which is a basic image your box model should be in air digital

Does it actually flash the box leave the usb in back have you removed the HDD/usb stick for recording
It shows as being flashed on the front and yes no hdd connected only usb. It goes through the process but then sticks on boot with green light on

It shows as being flashed on the front and yes no hdd connected only usb. It goes through the process but then sticks on boot with green light on
It should boot up once reflashed have you got a different power supply you could try in it might not be enough power getting to it like your h2s one

It might sound strange but a lot of people on forum have had same problem changed power supply and loaded up
bazcfc1. Thank you so much for your help, you were correct it was the power supply. Got it back working. I thought i tried everything but never thought of that. Again many thanks for the help.

bazcfc1. Thank you so much for your help, you were correct it was the power supply. Got it back working. I thought i tried everything but never thought of that. Again many thanks for the help.
No problem pal that's what where here for glad it's sorted mate

Back