Yet another timer question !

digi999

TK Supporter
Morning all

Had a trawl through the forums and I can't find an answer so I'll just assume its me doing something wrong !

Have a H2S running Wooshbuild , EPG etc works fantastic as do the twin tuners while recording (i.e if I have 2 things recording they switch channel to ensure both recording are made)

BUT

If I'm recording 4 different items over 2 hours ie

20:00 - 21:00 program 1
20:00 - 21:00 program 2
21:00 - 22:00 program 3
21:00 - 22:00 program 4

The timer throws out an error message that there is a conflict ? , now my assumption is that because al programs are either finishing at 21:00 or starting then the box thinks it needs to have 4 tuners to cope ?

I've tried editing the first 2 programs in timers to finsih at 20:59 ie

20:00 - 20:59 program 1
20:00 - 20:59 prgram 2

But when I save and go back into the timers it has changed them back to finsihing at 21:00 and obviously throws out a conflict ?

all programs are on auto timer (which I assume is the same as series link) if thats makes any difference

To cut a long story short if I miss recording the wife either Geordie Shore or First Dates again she has threated to cut a rather precious part of myself off !!

please help

Many thanks

Yes default settings will record a bit before and after in case of slight time change. This might be a minute or 5 minutes etc, so that is your overlap problem. Never really thought about this problem before. Its a good question. Just change the before and after overlap in recording settings

And thereoff lies my problem , obviously I can't change the start time through the adjust settings as the programs start ether just before 20:00 or bang on time BUT they generaly finish at 20:59 for example and then there are adverts ... HOWEVER the bloody settings only let you add time not put into into negative (i.e i can add 2 minutes so it finishes at 21:02 but I can't set it for negatibe 2 minutes so it will finish at 20:58)

I knew it would just be me who gets this isssue ! lol

Ur only fix is to stop using autotimer and specify times in Timers. Or record something on the +1 channels

Back